Timeline resolution of graphics?

Posted by storm666 
Timeline resolution of graphics?
January 13, 2009 11:54AM
Hello,

I've been working on a personal project all week, using FCP HD V5.1.4. I create simple graphics in photoshop, then lay them over picture and use Composite mode ADD. They looked great until a second ago. All of a sudden, when I play back...the edges are all jagged. I did nothing that I know of. And even the animation I worked tirelessly on yesterday and looked GREAT yesterday (also done in photosop)...now looks atrocious. Any ideas? Thanks.

Scott
Re: Timeline resolution of graphics?
January 13, 2009 12:11PM
How are you monitoring the video? From a broadcast monitor or the FCP canvas?

www.strypesinpost.com
January 13, 2009 01:05PM
Thanks for the response! At home I don't have an NTSC monitor. I'm just using the canvas. Thing is, it looked great on the canvas a moment ago! Not sure what happened! My worry is that when I make the DVD of this piece, it will not look it's best.
January 13, 2009 01:33PM
make sure your Canvas is set to 100% resolution, anything else will not playback as crisply as possible. Also, make sure you render of course and if all else fails, export to QT and see what it looks like
January 13, 2009 01:48PM
What a moron. The 100% thing was it. Not sure how it got altered! Many thanks for the tip!

Scott
January 13, 2009 06:35PM
100% Canvas plays back both fields smoothly. If in doubt, route signal out to at least a consumer TV, through your camera or deck.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Toggle Dynamic Trim with Command-Shift-D!

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
January 14, 2009 10:10AM
>100% Canvas plays back both fields smoothly.

Yikes. Lemme rephrase that. It plays back both fields at the same time, so you can't spot interlace issues.

And, use a proper monitor!

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics