FCP & SIGMA

Posted by bdouglas 
FCP & SIGMA
January 29, 2009 04:18PM
Looking to create some custom spots for broadcast. Client needs the digital ID on the spots that are used in Nielsen Ratings. An info on the subject would be great. Is it possible to do everything in house using FCP 6 dubbed out to Beta SP or DigiBeta?
Re: FCP & SIGMA
February 03, 2009 10:39AM
I'm fairly certain that SIGMA encoding doesn't have a software solution. You need a certain piece of hardware.

I know of a service, if you're interested. I can give you a name and number.

deb
February 04, 2009 11:01AM
Thanks for the response. I have a couple already. Just looking to reduce costs on the project. Will be customizing 2 spots and breaking them out into 50 new spots. Service fees get expensive when you start doing multiple dubs like that.

checking into another solution using SpoTTraK. We would use the dedicated system to be the go between when printing to tape. This system would add the required code identifiers to the video on export.

We are still in the bidding process, just needing info for how we might complete the project.

Thanks,

Brad
February 05, 2009 12:58PM
I asked my source for you.

He told me that to the best of his knowledge, there isn't a software solution for SIGMA encoding, confirming what we suspected.

deb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics