OT: Blackmagic Multibridge Extreme Problem

Posted by AaronHAL9000 
OT: Blackmagic Multibridge Extreme Problem
February 12, 2009 12:33PM
I have a Blackmagic Multibridge Extreme running composite video to an HDTV. Our Mac Pro is plugged into the breakout box from the PCIe card seated in the Mac via the Blackmagic cable (not sure what it's called). Basically, all the video I'm seeing on the HDTV is magenta.

I've localized the problem by testing out the composite cables running from the HDTV to a DVD player. Everything looks fine. I also ran an HDMI to DVI cable into the Mac and that looked fine, too. The problem, then, is obviously (a) The Blackmagic card, (b) The Blackmagic cable, or (c) the breakout box.

Before I call technical support, I'm just curious if anyone else has had a similar problem?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: OT: Blackmagic Multibridge Extreme Problem
February 12, 2009 01:45PM
Composite to an HD monitor?

Composite is SD

I've localized the problem by testing out the composite cables running from the HDTV to a DVD player

If you did mean COMPOSITE then you would only have 1 cable...

Did you mean COMPONENT? 3 Separate Cables...

If so then you most like have the cables connected wrong or you might have the output set wrong on the System Prefs or old software/firmware installed on the Multibridge.

Also you may have the input set wrong on your HDTV.

I have SDI and Component in/out to HD on my Multibridge and no issues.

Have you tried HDMI to HDMI from the Multibridge to the HDTV?

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
February 12, 2009 02:46PM
Oy...I meant component. Yeah, those three cables are fine. Confirmed. I've checked every configuration I could on the HDTV.

I'm guessing it's either the firmware (currently running 6.6.4) or the card because the DVI cable checks out. Hopefully it's just the firmware. The 6.8.7 update is on the Blackmagic site, but there is no mention of the Multibridge Extreme in the documentation (only Pro and Eclipse), so I'm waiting to hear if this update even applies from tech support before I go ahead with it.

HDMI to HDMI would be great, but not available on the Multibridge Extreme. I did try HDMI from the Multibridge (connected via a DVI converter) to HDMI on the HDTV and no signal. Also the DVI from Multibridge to DVI on the HDTV is not getting a clear signal (black with an occasional faint, white zig-zaggy line).

I really wonder if it's the firmware because I did system updates weeks ago and had no problems whatsoever. I've also not upgraded to the latest version of Quicktime. It seems odd if it ends up being the firmware. Seems more like the PCIe card.
February 12, 2009 03:02PM
Oh sorry Aaron I read it as Multibridge Pro - doh!

I would call Blackmagic and ask - I have the BM MB Pro

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
February 12, 2009 03:03PM
Late nights and early mornings are catching up with me! tongue sticking out smiley

February 12, 2009 06:22PM
No problemo. Appreciate the help, nonetheless. Always puzzling when Blackmagic and AJA products go haywire. lol.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics