outputting hd footage to dvd

Posted by lovetolaf 
outputting hd footage to dvd
April 01, 2009 03:19PM
Hello,
I am cutting on fcp 5.1.4
I have cut a half hour sequence and am trying to export it in a way that I can burn it onto a dvd and watch it like a movie.
So far when I use compressor to export whether or not I make the sequence a quicktime file first or output straight to compressor it is only compressing audio not video. the video option doesn't come up. Why?
When I try to settle for just burning the quicktime to a dvd there is not enough room on the dvd.
so, how can I either A, use compressor, or B change the settings so the quicktime file is small enough and C, is exporting hd footage always this troublesome?
thanks so much.
Lovetolaf
Re: outputting hd footage to dvd
April 01, 2009 03:28PM
how are you authoring your dvd?
April 02, 2009 09:44AM
Without a BluRay burner you can't really make an HD disc. Well you could make a pseudo HD-DVD with DVDSP but to be honest these are kinda iffy. Why not just make a QuickTime H.264- those look great. And besides, any disc you could make with DVDSP or Compressor would only be playable on your Mac anyway.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
April 02, 2009 11:08AM
Without a BluRay burner you can't really make an HD disc

i dont see where he mentioned anything about needing the dvd to be hd. i just assumed form the term "DVD" that it would be understood that it would be an SD downconvert...

but i could be wrong and there would be the root of the problem...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics