log & transfer and p2
April 05, 2009 11:29PM
I'm having issues with FCP recognizing p2 clips. Here's my info:
FCP 6.0
MAC OS 10.5.6
macbook w/ 2gbs ram

Panasonic HPX-3000
AVC-I 100 16:9

When I use the log and transfer window, I select the roll # folder that contains CONTENTS and Lastclip it opens the folder but shows no clips. But that same folder, using the P2CMS software I can open all the clips. So the video is definitely there with all the files that it's supposed to have. And I do have the AVCIntra Decoder installed from the panasonic website.

Thank you for your help,
Matt Ardine
Re: log & transfer and p2
April 06, 2009 02:38AM
Are the Contents folders named CONTENTS? not CONTENTS #1, CONTENTS #2 or anything like that? Do you have FX Factory installed? Early versions interefered.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
April 06, 2009 10:44AM
The contents folders were not renamed. They were taken along with the lastclip.txt file and put in a folder with the roll number. I do not have fx factory installed. Thank you for your continuing help. Matt.
April 06, 2009 07:43PM
Has it worked before for you or is this your first time with this camera/footage? Am I right in assuming that you're not getting an error of any kind, just that no clips are showing up in the Log and Transfer window?

My guess is some kind of incompatibility between the elements. Make sure there aren't any issues with the Panasonic decoder and your mac set up (OS or QT version).

Andy
April 07, 2009 07:18AM
Set your FCP project to match your P2 recorded media.
April 07, 2009 01:24PM
After intense internet searching and trying a ton of different stuff i found the problem. I needed FCP 6.0.4. I installed that and everything is working dandy now. Thank you for your help chris and andy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics