Vectored Video in FCS2+

Posted by J.Corbett 
Vectored Video in FCS2+
April 07, 2009 02:44PM
Can i vectorize video with anything in the FCS suite + Shake?

If not what would i need to do it?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Vectored Video in FCS2+
April 07, 2009 03:08PM
What does "vectorize" mean in this context?

April 07, 2009 03:46PM
Meaning, compress or save in such a manor as to allow the video to optimum quality is extremely varied sized screens.
Like the eps file in illustrator.

I thought on it for a while and it seems i have read this in a web delivery specific forum.

I heard some chatter in a video marketing seminar i attended this morning.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
April 07, 2009 04:10PM
thats not what "vectorize" means.
April 07, 2009 04:32PM

Meaning, compress or save in such a manor as to allow the video to optimum quality is extremely varied sized screens.
Like the eps file in illustrator.

1. "Vectored Video" is terminology you totally made up.
2. The only way it WOULD apply is if the video was converted to vector images, as in Illustrator's "Trace" feature. But then it's not video anymore.

Work on your terminology. Can't get answers to questions that don't make sense.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 07, 2009 04:38PM
Not to be argumentative or anything, but actually, that's exactly what "vectorize" means.

The concept has absolutely no application to live-action footage, obviously. What you're talking about is something akin to a Flash animation.

April 07, 2009 04:57PM

Not to be argumentative or anything, but actually, that's exactly what "vectorize" means.

Yup...you're being argumentative. The term was "Vectored Video". "Vector" and "Video" have nothing to do with each other or it's make-up. "Vectorizing" is a term for Vector Art. You cannot "vectorize video" IOW make video behave that no matter how large you make it, it stays at optimal quality at varies screen sizes (like an Illustrator EPS file). There is no such thing. You can convert it to "vector art", frame by frame, and create a flash animation and convert that BACK to video...but you cannot "vectorize video". You can trace individual frames in Illustrator and bring them back in as an image sequence, blow that up...but that is not "vectorizing video".

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 07, 2009 09:14PM
to allow the video to optimum quality is extremely varied sized screens. Like the eps file in illustrator.

i believe what our friend mr. corbett is awkwardly trying to ask is "is there a way in FCP that i can export a video into individual vector frames as to be freely-scalable without degradation - as in an ai/eps (illustrator) file?"

without further effort to insult the OP, the answer is yes and no. there are a variety of tools and methods that can either automatically or manually convert the content of video frames into vector or vector-ish end product.

the simplest is to use a plug-in filter like "toon-it" to generate the vector "look" and it is just that - a "look" it doesnt (to my understanding) generate vector imagery - just the style of such.

the second is to bring your video (or frames there of) into flash or the variety of flash-esque tools and actually convert the raster image frames into flash's vector format.

the third is to export an image sequence and use a third party tracing tool like the (now deceased) adobe streamline or adobe illustrator* (but that would be a BIZZATCH!) and batch convert the frames to vector format. THEN youd be able to again, batch-resize (with little to no filesize increase or image degradation) the images and reimport into a video-friendly format.

im not sure what end-game mr. corbett was planning - so we'd need more info as to that.

*i've not investigated but photoshop may also have this function.
April 07, 2009 09:33PM
exact-a-mundo wayne.

Its for a look and i want to resize without loosing any quality. It just need to be Video-like animation but not really animation heavy (Just a hint of the toon look).

Thank joe for the included information also. I really appreciate it.

wayne
the simplest is to use a plug-in filter like "toon-it" to generate the vector "look" and it is just that - a "look" it doesnt (to my understanding) generate vector imagery - just the style of such.

the second is to bring your video (or frames there of) into flash or the variety of flash-esque tools and actually convert the raster image frames into flash's vector format

I will experiment with one of these.

""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics