External Hard Drives that Move HD/HDV well in FCP.

Posted by elevationpost 
External Hard Drives that Move HD/HDV well in FCP.
April 07, 2009 10:57PM
Is 64 bit a concern? Any input would be great. FW 800 , 400

dave
Re: External Hard Drives that Move HD/HDV well in FCP.
April 08, 2009 12:25AM
man, do a forum search (upper left below the supermeet banner) for "external hard drive" or "firewire" or similar phrase. we have covered this to absolute miserable DEATH...

in your case (HD/HDV) the minimum safe requirement is firewire800
April 08, 2009 06:07AM
And also, unless I'm misunderstanding badly, "64-bit" isn't a concept that applies to hard drives at all.

Wayne's advice is sound, but let me give you a shortcut: Go to either the G-Technology or Caldigit Web site, find a product that fits your needs for interface, capacity and number of streams, and buy. You won't regret your purchase.

April 08, 2009 09:25AM
i second jeff's directive to caldigit. and will add to that list OWC mercury elite products:
[www.macsales.com]
April 09, 2009 05:45PM
(OWC) now sells CalDigit products.

One thing about the Mercury Elite (a product I know very well & those in the know, know why), the drives are fixed, not removable, for some people, not a deal breaker, for others, they MIGHT want to have the ability to upgrade the drives.......ie CalDigit VR

[eshop.macsales.com]

The CalDigit VR also features an intuitive LCD that gives you drive temperature, RAID level status, etc as well as an intuitive GUI that you can configure the RAID with, or you can do that on the drive itself.....

Also, anyone following us who's going to NAB, come by & see us, Booth SL13610 we've got something NEW that everyone here is going to want to see (if not buy). I wish I could say more, but for now, I can't......you need to stop by & see what we've got.

Oh & of course, we'll be at the Supermeet! Please stop by & say "hello" there as well, won't you?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics