Nice Looking Titles-Motion to FCP for Broadcast-How?

Posted by LukeWatson1201 
Nice Looking Titles-Motion to FCP for Broadcast-How?
April 15, 2009 05:07PM
Hi,
I currently build a title in Motion with a "blur fade in/out" behaviour at each end that sits in an transparent rectangle shape, using motion,
the text is lucida grand, in bold, no smaller than 24 points, with a black face and a white outline (width is 1).

Early test's showed it wasn't a good idea to import the motion project file into the FCP timeline and render that out as part of the final edit, it looked like sh*t on a tv,

so i've been exporting the project from motion using animation settings

i'll import these qt files into the FCP timeline and then using a tv as a monitor i found it best to shift them -30 on the y axis,otherwise they look a little jagged- im in PAL land by the way

Final output is SD to Mini DV PAL which the tv channel then encodes to some flavour of Mpeg4 as far as i know,im just concerned with getting them as good as i can prior to delivery of the tape.

i've read the titles tutorial in the FAQ tonight so next i'll try reducing the opacity of the face and adding the blur of .1 (i think it said)

they don't look so bad on tv using the settings i've got but i'd like to get them sharp as possible if anyone has any tips

Thanks in advance

PS i don't see a way of attaching the jpeg grabs i made of the titles and settings but i can email them if anyone can take a look
Re: Nice Looking Titles-Motion to FCP for Broadcast-How?
April 15, 2009 07:20PM
>Final output is SD to Mini DV PAL

Not a good idea for titles. DV isn't a broadcast format, at least it's not supposed to be. Worse if your text is colored with hard, fine edges. Deliver your program in digital beta if possible.

www.strypesinpost.com
April 16, 2009 10:43AM
not possible unfortunately, production company i work for runs on a shoestring,
anything else i can do to improve the look within the dv codec?
April 16, 2009 12:27PM
Probably not. DV is a terrible format. There's very little one can do to try to work around its inherent limitations.

The little button with the stylized icon of a photograph on it is the one you'd use to insert a link to an image.

April 21, 2009 07:31AM
ok, looks like a case of trial and error!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics