Contour Shuttle Pro

Posted by VPiccin 
Contour Shuttle Pro
April 23, 2009 01:42PM
Any Contour Shuttle Pro users out there? Way back when (2002) when I bought my first FCP system the bundle included a Contour Shuttle Pro. The original silver one. At the time I tried it, but found it lacking and stuck with JKL for moving things around.

Just recently I read that there are new drivers for these devices so I thought I would dust it off and play with it. I am having an interesting issue. When I use the shuttle ring there is a pronounced lag before the timeline moves. Something on the order of a second. The shuttle ring is issuing a series of commands Control F2 through Control F9. These map in FCP as play forward and back at increasing rates. Interestingly, the lag actually seems to be in FCP, because it is there even when I manually press one of those key combos.

Has anyone discovered the same, or different, or have a fix?

-Vance
Quad G5, OSX 10.5.6 Shuttle Pro driver 2.1
Re: Contour Shuttle Pro
April 23, 2009 03:13PM
the lag (though mine was much less than a second) was one of the reasons i never really used my shuttle pro...
Re: Contour Shuttle Pro
April 23, 2009 05:07PM
Strange I've had both Shuttle Pro 1 & the newer Shuttle Pro 2.
Never had any lag on either.

I haven't discovered any advantages to the new update. I think updates from Contour are rather useless. All they seem to do is add a set of very basic commands to the buttons for various programs, which any end user can come up with a more useful set of commands in any case.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics