Problem copying transitions

Posted by Fletch_Ca 
Problem copying transitions
April 27, 2009 02:45AM
Does anyone else have problems "option dragging" certain transitions? I'm about to start a lengthy audio-cross-fade-applying-process and it gives me a tiny "x" when I attempt to option-drag from one to the next. I just tried option dragging 'a dip to color' which does work, but option dragging a cross dissolve does not. This has happens on other transitions too... any thoughts? Thanks in advance!!!
Re: Problem copying transitions
April 27, 2009 08:23AM
> I'm about to start a lengthy audio-cross-fade-applying-process and it gives me a tiny "x" when I
> attempt to option-drag from one to the next.

If you're doing a lot of these, and you've already set the desired length, it's a lot faster if you just temporarily made those transitions into your defaults. First set the transition in the timeline to how you want it in terms of parameters and length. Drag it into the Browser, then CONTROL-click it and choose "Set Default Transition".

Now you can use APPLE-T for Default Video Transition, OPTION-APPLE-T for Default Audio Transition.

www.derekmok.com
April 27, 2009 08:26AM
Two more tricks that can help:

Copy/Paste works on transitions as well. Much less fussy than trying to do it with dragging.

Use the Roll tool to select the edit points for the transitions. Since the Roll tool can't be used to select clips, you'll have an easier time nailing the edit points. Just be careful you don't roll clips or edits forward or backward by mistake.

www.derekmok.com
April 27, 2009 01:28PM
If it's your default transition, it can be easy to navigate between edit points. Hit "v" to select the nearest edit point, then you can just arrow up and down to get to the other edit points. Apple-T will apply it. Then it would just be down arrow, Apple-T, ad nauseum.

----
www.JamesNWeber.com - Socially Aware Media

and introducing-
www.FCPTutorials.com - One source for all Final Cut Tutorials
April 28, 2009 11:41AM
For some reason I can't get it to work for applying dissolves to audio only (all audio track selectors are active), even after setting it as my default transition. Again, thanks in advance
April 28, 2009 11:49AM
Audio is OPTION-APPLE-T, not APPLE-T. And audio is called Cross Fade, not Cross Dissolve. It's a separate Default Transition from the video.

www.derekmok.com
April 30, 2009 03:31AM
Great, thanks for the clarification, works perfect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics