Capturing using camera cuts

Posted by ericwaraujo 
Capturing using camera cuts
May 07, 2009 01:15PM
Hi everybody,
Quick question: Is there a way to have FCP capture a DV tape creating the clips automatically by acknowledging camera cuts?
I thought I read something about this years ago, and now I have a couple of tapes here (30 second B roll shots) that could really use this feature.

Many thanks for checking this thread.

Best, Eric
Re: Capturing using camera cuts
May 07, 2009 02:00PM
I know of no way to do this during capture, but after you've captured a clip with camera cuts, use Mark>DV Start/Stop Detect to automatically generate markers at each cut.

Scott
May 07, 2009 02:52PM
O ho ! That is a great step already, then I just go with the blade tool and cut them. Many thanks!!!
May 07, 2009 03:03PM
Well, it's easier than that; you can deal with them as separate clips right out of the Browser. Double click any of those markers in the Browser, and it will load just that subclip into the Viewer and you can edit it into the Timeline from there. You can go so far as to convert each of those marked clips to real independent subclips with Modify>Make Subclips or just Cmd-U.

Scott
May 07, 2009 03:25PM
Yes, subclips, you're right. Thanks again!!!
May 07, 2009 10:41PM
Nice tip, Scott. I did not know that.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 09, 2009 02:34AM
Scott, I have used it, and it works perfectly for what I had in mind, thanks a lot. Seems like I am going to save A LOT of time by not cleaning footage just to have the cuts to find the shots later. Actually changed my workflow.
May 09, 2009 02:40AM
By the way, I case it helps someone, imho the perfect suggestion for using that command is assigning a Shortcut key to execute it . (since it has to be executed on every single clip in the browser individually, I capture tapes in clips that range from 10 - 15min clips).

If I may, I suggest "/" with no modifier key, since it is empty. (and I use Y to toogle Linked selection already).

Just a thought.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics