Not reading my P2 cards...?!

Posted by digibody 
Not reading my P2 cards...?!
May 11, 2009 07:04PM
I recently upgraded to an Intel Mac and now my final cut pro is not reading my p2 cards. Did anything change within fcp in this manner? I open the log and transfer menu selection and try to import the files which are saved to an external drive using the file with the plus sign on it in the upper left hand corner, but nothing is imported? Please help. thank you.

PS2x 2.66 ghz dual core intel xeon, 8 gb 667 mhz ddr2 f8-dimm osx 10.5.5, fcp 6.0.5. Using HVX ps cards, 4 min each. PN.
Re: Not reading my P2 cards...?!
May 11, 2009 07:22PM
did you install the p2 drivers?
May 11, 2009 11:49PM
how do I do that? do you have a link? thank you.
May 12, 2009 12:44AM
what happens when you click and drag the P2 folder into the log and transfer window?

www.strypesinpost.com
May 12, 2009 06:08AM
Do you have Noise Industries installed? There was a bug awhile back that somehow disabled FCP from being able to read P2 on Intel machines. Don't have the link at hand, but try and google for the bugfix, or ask over at Noise Industries support.
May 12, 2009 10:05AM
May 12, 2009 12:21PM
Wayne hit it. When someone asks "How do I do that?" when someone says "Did you install the P2 Drivers," the issue is that he doesn't have the P2 drivers. Can't get the card to appear on the computer, not the files into the L&T window.

SixBullets isn't always up do date. www.panasonic.com/p2 always is.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
May 12, 2009 02:14PM
sixbullets was down for several weeks (at least the download function) i tested it before posting the link today. it may or may not be the most recent, but its working again.
May 13, 2009 10:05AM
I downloaded it, thank you. Is there a specific folder I need to click and drag it to besides my download folder?
May 13, 2009 10:18AM
nope. just run the installer. it will put things where it needs them.
May 14, 2009 01:49AM
So I downloaded/installed all of the drivers and it's still not working. Suggestions? Thank you.
May 14, 2009 02:24AM
Hold on, the P2 cards show up on the desktop, right? You just can't get the footage to appear in the Log and Transfer window?

Clay asked a question a bit ago...do you have FX Factory installed? Version 1?

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
May 14, 2009 02:52PM
Yes, I do have FX Factory installed. So deleting that will solve the problem? I was using an old non-intel laptop to import my p2 footage and then copy it onto a Maxtor external drive and then work with it on my desk top, could that also be the issue?
May 14, 2009 03:01PM
Either uninstall FX Factory or update it.

And no, using a NON-INTEL to import is not the issue. I use a Powerbook G4 to offload all the time.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
May 14, 2009 04:16PM
Shane, thank you so much, I've been tearing my hair out over this for weeks. You rock!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics