OT: Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.7 out now...

Posted by Ben King 
OT: Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.7 out now...
May 12, 2009 04:06PM
Alpha Team going in...

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: OT: Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.7 out now...
May 12, 2009 04:08PM
Screw that. I only went to 10.5.6 on my system about six weeks ago. Y'all can have your fancy new seven.

May 12, 2009 04:14PM
Well I'll let you know if there are any issues...

[support.apple.com]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
May 12, 2009 04:58PM
I'm with you Ben...WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 12, 2009 07:58PM
After the install it scared me for a moment as my Mac restarted about 5 times before the desktop appeared.

I've run Repair Disk Permissions and checked the System disk integrity and all is well and working (so far).

May 12, 2009 08:32PM
I downloaded the 10.5.7 update and installed it. On restart, my Macbook Pro disappeared. How do you troubleshoot that?

...to be continued

May 12, 2009 09:00PM

my Macbook Pro disappeared

Physically?

May 12, 2009 09:57PM
Ben!!
Your link [apple.etc]
Takes me to the 10.5.6 KB page.

Might this be part of the problem? It's not an upgrade at all (bwa ha ha ha and so forth).

Or something.

Scott
May 12, 2009 10:10PM
Oooh I didn't read it I just linked from the Download page...!!!

See here and try the link to the support article!

[support.apple.com]

May 12, 2009 10:27PM
Yep...puff of smoke DISAPPEARED. It reappeared in my backpack a few minutes later - all tucked into it's neoprene sleeve for the night. Powerful upgrade, man. So far - so good thumbs down

May 13, 2009 12:25AM
After the reboot I had both screens flashing noise, going nowhere. Despite having a project to finish before the weekend, I was laughing for two reasons:

1) I've had such good luck with Macs. I knew a hard reboot would solve it (it did.)

2) I've got a Mac Pro arriving tomorrow.

- - -

FYI, if you're using the Safari beta, you'll need to upgrade that to if you go to 10.5.7.

- Justin Barham -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics