filter for fluorescents?

Posted by radam04 
filter for fluorescents?
May 22, 2009 06:39PM
Is there a filter to correct images shot under fluorescent light in FCP 6? Thanks!
Re: filter for fluorescents?
May 22, 2009 08:04PM
Three way Color Corrector. Add light purple. That is the color of the filters they generally slide over the tubes when big time productions shoot.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
May 22, 2009 08:43PM
I think it's more toward 30CC of magenta depending on whether they are cool white or warm white.
May 22, 2009 09:34PM
That depends entirely on whether you shoot daylight or tungsten balance. If you shoot daylight balance under fluorescents, the color balance can probably be tweaked into line. If you shoot tungsten under fluorescents, may God have mercy on your soul.

August 17, 2009 02:56AM
How about a filter to reduce the flicker from fluorescent lighting? I was shooting 720p/60 on my HVX200 in Nairobi. When going quickly between inside and outside, I failed to change settings.
August 17, 2009 07:51AM
Not that I know of. Next time start a new topic, rather than continue on an old thread.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 17, 2009 09:32AM
After Effect would have something.
nothing in FCP that i know of,
(other than doing it manually, which will look bad, anyway)

nick
August 17, 2009 09:04PM
...to reduce the "flicker" of a flourescent? No. AE does not do that. Color correct it - yes...the FCP 3-Way does a nice job but the flicker you are stuck with.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 18, 2009 11:15AM
The Foundry Furnace filters for FCP has DeFlicker that will work - they are expensive to buy but you can rent them very cheaply.

Very powerful Plugins but quite slow to render.

[www.thefoundry.co.uk]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
August 18, 2009 08:09PM
Rent a filter. That is an interesting concept. I really like that does anyone else do that besides The Foundry Furnace?

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
August 18, 2009 08:38PM
Not as far as I know. You might only need a day to fix all the footage then you can make new SCQTM files from them if needs be for editing later.

Renting for a day might be fine.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
August 18, 2009 09:24PM
cool!

nick
August 19, 2009 08:46AM
Pretty sure Genarts does. At least they used to, for their Sapphire sparks. Not sure whether that policy carries over to their low-end-system products.

Renting sparks and other plug-ins is, or at least used to be, fairly common practice in the industry. You don't need a given spark for every job, but when you need it, you need it. And because it's just software, there's very little overhead involved in the company's generating you a one-day license key.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics