OT: RIP Grasshopper...

Posted by Ben King 
OT: RIP Grasshopper...
June 04, 2009 03:48PM
Apparently David Carradine hanged himself in Thailand today...

[www.edmontonsun.com]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: OT: RIP Grasshopper...
June 04, 2009 03:50PM
OMG...

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 04, 2009 04:52PM
They aren't sure it was suicide...they aren't ruling anything out. Mysterious circumstances.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
June 04, 2009 06:02PM
I read about that also today, sad. sad. Whatever happened.
June 04, 2009 06:13PM
Somebody may have really wanted to Kill Bill.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
June 04, 2009 06:24PM
Now see, I think it is a TAD early for the jokes.

(But I admit I wanted to say something similar, but figured it was TOO EARLY for that.)

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
June 04, 2009 09:48PM
David Carradine's Life in Pictures

[news.bbc.co.uk]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
June 04, 2009 10:31PM

Somebody may have really wanted to Kill Bill.

thumbs up

June 05, 2009 09:07AM
Did you see the update? The latest theory is that it wasn't suicide.

That kind of accident at 72 years old...

www.derekmok.com
June 05, 2009 09:51AM
Yeah I read that too - Michael Hutchence from INX died in similar circumstances.

Well its not much consolation but at least he died doing something he enjoyed.

June 05, 2009 10:05AM

at least he died doing something he enjoyed.

I don't know about THAT...unless he enjoyed having his genitals tied up. I just read that foul play is now very much suspected. There was a yellow rope tied around his neck and a black rope tied around his genitals. That's not suicide or accidental in my book.

June 05, 2009 12:12PM
Thats what they are suggesting though - that it was a kinky thing gone wrong. As in the case of accidental death by autoerotic asphyxiation (official verdict was suicide) of Michael Hutchence in a hotel room in Sydney, Australia in 1997.

I guess when they give the final verdict whether it be accidental-death, suicide or foul play we'll have to accept what they say however distasteful it might be.

June 05, 2009 01:00PM
Holy cow...hadn't thought of it that way. I hope this doesn't tarnish his career.

June 05, 2009 01:24PM
grafixjoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Holy cow...hadn't thought of it that way. I hope
> this doesn't tarnish his career.

There's no two ways about it - not being alive is going to negatively effect his ability to work in the future. A good spin doctor can do amazing things, but there are limits.

- Justin Barham -
June 05, 2009 01:33PM
Very funny. I meant having an autoerotic asphyxiation reputation might tarnish his PAST career...not being dead will affect his resume, there justin eye rolling smiley

June 05, 2009 01:35PM
He'll be immortalised as a VActor one day and then I guess it might...

June 07, 2009 11:09AM
Michael Crichton (sadly also gone too soon) popularized "gaspers" in RED SUN RISING with Wesley Snipes and Sean Connery investigating bizarre death in a high rise. Who knows...

"Do you hear the grasshopper at your feet?"

- Loren
June 07, 2009 07:18PM
kinda like mitch hedberg dying of "heart failure". ok, his heart failed. but very likely because of his drug use...

people do things and people die. that shouldnt have any effect on what they did before that point.
June 07, 2009 11:19PM

people do things and people die. that shouldnt have any effect on what they did before that point

Tell that to Bob Crane's family & fans.

June 08, 2009 12:02AM
Why? What Colonel Hogan did something that tarnished his career?
June 08, 2009 12:28AM
Tell that to Bob Crane's family & fans.

i dont get it. how does this NOT apply to bob crane?
June 08, 2009 01:08PM
Bob Crane was known in the media and throughout Hollywood as a deviant after the crazy sexual circumstances surrounding his death. It DID tarnished his career. Did you ever see any re-runs of Hogans Heros after that?? No. THAT'S how it applies to Bob Crane.

June 09, 2009 02:45AM
grafixjoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very funny. I meant having an autoerotic
> asphyxiation reputation might tarnish his PAST
> career...not being dead will affect his resume,
> there justin eye rolling smiley

Yes I am aware that you realize people are unable to obtain employment after they become deceased. I was just having fun. I tend to think of career as involving work, while what happened effects Mr. Carradine's legacy. But really I was just playing.

Yes it's sad that he is gone. But the guy was 72, not 28. If you're that age and still waxing the dolphin, life could be worse IMHO. I'm feel sorry for the family having to live under the memory of his going out in a less-than-dignified fashion. But lets keep in mind that this is someone who lived a full, interesting life. If anything, maybe a bit too interesting at the end there. My hat is off to him.

On the other hand, he might have died a sort of hero. His family lawyer claims he might have been killed by "a secret sect of kung fu assassins." Maybe the same ones that got Michael Hutchence.

- Justin Barham -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics