Presentation-type QT export

Posted by CyWar 
Presentation-type QT export
June 06, 2009 12:17PM
Is there a way in FCP to set "markers" (or some other code) so that when the video is exported to QuickTime it will pause at the marker and can be manually re-started like can be done in Keynote. If I export a Keynote presentation to Quicktime, it stops and advances as I have set in Keynote. Would like to be able to achieve same process from FCP to create my own "presentation". If this cannot be done in FCP, any idea what Keynote is embedding in QT to make it pause and advance manually?

I've been experimenting with markers and chapter marks, but so far have not been able to get the output QT to pause at a specific point. Not sure if these are the correct items to use. I have QT Pro, but don't see anything in it for setting "markers" of any type.

Regards, Cyrus
iMac 27" Intel i7 Quad-Core; 16GB RAM; 2TB HD
Final Cut Studio, FCP X, Photoshop CS5, After Effects, etc.
Re: Presentation-type QT export
June 06, 2009 04:47PM
Nope, good idea though.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
Re: Presentation-type QT export
June 06, 2009 08:11PM
Any idea what codes/instructions are being sent to (being created in/by) QuickTime when a Keynote presentation is exported to QuickTime? The pause/start process works there, so am wondering what is going on "under the hood"...

Regards, Cyrus
iMac 27" Intel i7 Quad-Core; 16GB RAM; 2TB HD
Final Cut Studio, FCP X, Photoshop CS5, After Effects, etc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics