bj
Re: New MB Pro announced at WWDC 13 inches
June 08, 2009 11:07PM
Russ Blaise Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My daughter in Long Beach bought a new aluminum
> unibody MacBook yesterday the 7th at Best Buy. The
> new ones came out today. I told her to return it
> and get the new ones because they are cheaper.
> They told her there is a 15% re-stocking fee.
> After she got a hold of the manager and talked for
> quite a bit, They are giving her $200 back if she
> keeps the Mac Book she originally bought. Not
> bad!

Where I live in Bc Canada ,we have a 7 day blanket return policy (on all products) by provincial law.
one could buy something, try it for a week and say I didn't like it and get a full return. I wanted a new camera to try for a wedding, the shop didn't have it in, they asked me to try a similar model. I did, but did not like it, and eventually bought a camera elsewhere.
June 09, 2009 11:07AM
this sure is going to drive up the value of used MBpros
June 09, 2009 11:10AM
According to a friend of mine, Apple has some sweet-ass refurbs up, if you're in the market for a bargain.

Re: New MB Pro 13" & FCP
June 09, 2009 03:47PM
I have been looking to set up a camera/computer rig for a mobile video project, and size matters... Hoping to get all equipment into smallest case (GYHM100, MacBk, ext drive, accessorties)... Was about to purchase 15" MBPro for FCP editiing, then Mac announces the new 13" MBP... Can anyone help with the following: Will new MBP 13" run FCP? I am producing simple documentary videos, 5-10 minutes each, simplest gfx/titles... can I use the 13?
June 09, 2009 07:39PM
Yes you can. What formats will you be shooting on?

www.strypesinpost.com
June 09, 2009 08:11PM
The GYHM100 shoots native FCP MOV files onto SD... for simplicity's sake, that's what I will shoot and edit... at 24p and in HD (of course)... I'm a noob at this, so open to suggestions/advice if you have any... Mobility and ease of posting to internet as I go are essential values, with hopes of focusing on the story... Thanks for your encouragement... the Apple folks who I've asked have in good faith urged me to the 15" w/the two gfx cards, saying FCP is really designed for that sort of power... I know that's true, but would like to have the smaller computer and willing to trade some performance for that... worth it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics