Need Help Fast - Render File Issue

Posted by shelleyrae 
Need Help Fast - Render File Issue
June 12, 2009 02:48PM
Hi,
I'm working on a project and ran into something I've never ran across before. I went to render part of my sequence and got a message saying I'm out of render space and need to remove some render files. I have more than 56 gigs on the drive where the render folder for this project is so I don't understand why there is a space issue. I'm afraid to remove the render files for fear it will screw up my project that's due at the end of the day. I saw a folder that had the render files from the first rough cut and thought I could afford to lose that but it says there are other files associated with that and I would have to remove all the associated files. I don't know what to do here. Please advise.
Thanks,
Shelley

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Re: Need Help Fast - Render File Issue
June 12, 2009 02:58PM
Double check the settings are ACTUALLY going to that folder on the Scratch Disk in System Settings and that there isn't 56GB reserved in the "Minimum Allowable Free Space On Scratch Disk"

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
June 12, 2009 03:12PM
Thanks Ben for giving me a quick answer. I double checked and yes, I was wrong about the available space on the designated drive, so I'm deleting some old QT files that are eating up space to make some more room.

But I'm still wondering what happens when you delete those render files? Does it mess up your project or does your timeline just become unrendered and you have to re-render everything? I should know about this but I don't. What do I need to know?

Shelley

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
June 12, 2009 04:26PM
You can use the render manage to delete renders and keep the ones you need - honestly though just delete the lot in the render folder and re-render the timeline.

As long as you have the original media you won't lose anything as render files are completely separate.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
June 13, 2009 02:38PM
Got it. Thanks for your help.
Shelley

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics