OT- Voice Over Artists

Posted by NoahK 
OT- Voice Over Artists
June 18, 2009 09:34PM
Anyone have experience with websites specializing in hooking you up with a voiceover artist? I have your basic corporate doc needing the National Geographic/Discovery Channel sorta voice. I've found voices.com but I was curious for any other experiences/suggestions.

-Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
Re: OT- Voice Over Artists
June 18, 2009 09:36PM
I've used ProComm a couple times. Their talent is, in my experience, just average, but their rates are extremely affordable.

Will Lyman, on the other hand, charges five grand for a two-hour session, and he gets script approval. So y'know, that's kinda the spectrum for ya.

June 19, 2009 12:31AM
I used www.voice123.com and have been extremely happy with them. I sent a few lines of a script, and had 100 demos in about an hour. A lot of talent range, but the good ones are great.
June 19, 2009 01:10AM
Hi Noah,

It all depends on your project and your budget. There's a general rule the we voice-over artists follow with these "Pay-to-Play" sites: "There's something wrong with every job posted - it's up to you as the voice-over artist to figure out the problem and determine if you're willing to deal with whatever problems the job has."

An experienced producer will already be connected with voice talent resources. A well-financed production will usually go through agents and casting directors. There's a pretty good list at www.voiceoverresourceguide.com.

If you have limited experience and a limited budget, voice123.com and voices.com can help you to find a good number of voice talent from around the country with their own studios. They serve as an automated "casting agency." - You post audition copy and you are given a bunch of "auditions" for you to choose from.

If you are using Voice123, it's a pretty good idea to ask for at least 100 auditions. People on the west coast tend to be cut off early, due to their "smartcast" system, which inadvertently gives prefrence to those on the east coast.

www.DocumentaryNarration.com

Travis
VoiceOver Guy and Entertainment Technology Enthusiast
[www.VOTalent.com]
June 19, 2009 08:17AM
I was actually going to recommend Travis for the gig..... ;-)

Steve

FCPX
FCP 7.0.3
Premier CS6

MBP Retina 2.6i7 16GB / iMac 27" 3.4i7 16GB
June 19, 2009 09:01AM
Here in Florida, we use SunSpots a lot:

[www.sunspotsproductions.com]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 20, 2009 01:19PM
Thanks for the suggestions. smiling smiley

-Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics