Trimming on video layers

Posted by Rodney Sims 
Trimming on video layers
June 19, 2009 03:28AM
Hi there.
There is probably a very simple solution to this, that I just haven't discovered. I have shots on two layers, Cam 1 - V1 and Cam 2 - V2. When I want to trim something on V2 and enter trim mode, I am shown the contents of V1, which is useless. What do I need to do to see V2 in trim mode?
Many thanks,
Rodney
Re: Trimming on video layers
June 19, 2009 04:28AM
Sorry, I failed to mention that there is no shot immediately connected - it sits in black, so to speak, on the video layer. So I'd expect only to see black in one trim monitor, while I adjust the I/O point to remove camera shake etc.
June 19, 2009 09:54AM
I can't replicate your problem here. What I'd guess is that you're using either the Sequence menu or APPLE-7 to enter Trim Mode, and your Target Track (set by the big Source/Destination "V1" button on the left) isn't set correctly. Instead, activate Trim Mode by double-clicking on the edit point of the clip you want to modify. It should behave normally.

www.derekmok.com
June 19, 2009 10:43AM
Thanks Derek,
that was it!
Rodney
June 19, 2009 11:54AM
Actually Derek, the track that is entered into Trim Mode when pressing CMD+7 is determined by the auto-select buttons, not the source track button. I just wanted to point that out to anyone else who comes across this thread.

Auto-select buttons can be toggled on/off with CMD+(track number on the number pad, not the numbers above the letters).

Andy
June 19, 2009 12:10PM
> the track that is entered into Trim Mode when pressing CMD+7 is determined by the auto-select
> buttons, not the source track button.

My bad. I never use that command.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics