artifacts going from FCP to QT and back
June 25, 2009 12:31AM
Somewhere in the transfer from FCP to QT, my video image acquires 7 grey rectangles, 3 on each side of the frame, and one in the center. Can anyone help me stop this ?
Re: artifacts going from FCP to QT and back
June 25, 2009 08:43AM
Maybe, but we'll need much more information. What format is your source footage? What format is your timeline? How are you exporting from Final Cut? What precisely do these grey rectangles look like? Can you post a still?

June 25, 2009 02:39PM
Frame with strange artifacts

I posted a frame on the blog above. (Couldn't figure out how to attach it here.)
I am running FCP 5.1.4 on OS 10.4.11. My footage is DVCPro HD, shot with an HVX200.
This thing happens with both 1080i and 720p footage. I am pretty careful to match up the sequence settings with the capture settings. (If something has to render, then I know I've made a mistake, so I go back and correct it before going on.)
The problem has been coming up when I import footage into Motion, manipulate it, and then export to a QT movie. I have just discovered that the problem doesn't arise if I export using the compressor, matching the settings (720p24 for example).
Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.
June 25, 2009 08:55PM
I don't have an answer but a couple of things - one, that pic in your blog doesn't show, so we can't see it. Two, here is how to post images to the forum : How to Post a Screen Capture and three - what you are describing sounds very much like what I have seen on an external monitor when it loses connection with FCP. One machine in particular I have seen this on did it for ages, until I trashed the preferences, which cleaned it up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics