Posted by derekmok 
OT: Michael Jackson
June 25, 2009 05:55PM
Holy crap...

[news.yahoo.com]

www.derekmok.com
Re: OT: Michael Jackson
June 25, 2009 06:17PM
First Farah...then Michael. My my childhood is disppearing.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 25, 2009 06:22PM
Kinda makes you feel.... mortal.
June 25, 2009 06:33PM
As freakish as Michael became, he was a major influence on my musical and professional career over the past 30 years.... he will be missed...

Steve

FCPX
FCP 7.0.3
Premier CS6

MBP Retina 2.6i7 16GB / iMac 27" 3.4i7 16GB
June 25, 2009 08:57PM
Yeah I mean. Wow. If I was more of a cynic I might compare this to Elvis, and wonder how often people are going to spot Michael working in a burger bar in Texas for the next 50 years...

June 25, 2009 09:05PM
June 25, 2009 09:16PM
Much Bigger than Elvis.

This guy was all of my teens and 20's. He broke ground with the way he could play on set within a video scene. Perfect movements for the feel of the song.

His performance style has been copied for more than 30 years. People still from time to time dress like him. During Thriller, I had the Billie Jean, Beat It, and Thriller outfit. I wore them to every dance or club i could find.

What's worse is that i really wasn't that odd. At least 15 other people where ever i was would be dressed the same way. He was sorta the score to growing up for anyone 30 and up no matter what country nearly.

I use to try to get back with girlfriends who caught me in less than loyal situation with ' She's Out Of My Life' playing in the background on the phone. It worked often.

My favorite videos were Smooth Criminal, Thriller, and Remember the Time. He will be missed.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
June 25, 2009 11:59PM
Hey, Joey ...

Off Topic?

Harry.

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
June 26, 2009 12:15AM
I don't mess with obituaries, harry. I like my karma right where it is, thanks.

June 26, 2009 01:17AM
Ha! I love ya Joey.

But, I'm sure you understand, I had to poke you about this one because of that other post.

All good things to you and your family.

Harry.

PS: Who else can I count on to quote Stanislavski?

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
June 26, 2009 04:27AM
Just listen to the Jackson 5 doing 'I Never Can Say Goodbye' and it will break your heart. Michael was 11 years old when he recorded that track and his vocal delivery is up there with Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, Mavis Staples, Muddy Waters, Marvin Gaye - awe inspiring. The O2 in London is thee most popular music venue in the world and 50 nights sold out in a couple of days is a testimony to Jacksons star power. Phil UK
June 26, 2009 09:58AM
I don't know if most of you actually remember watching the Jackson 5 cartoon on Saturday mornings between 1971 - 1973. I do. THAT was my introduction to music & performance. It was cooler that cool. Here's the open:

June 28, 2009 08:54PM
Like Elvis both were amazing talents, each who self destructed. Perhaps thats the price of fame, I think of the 4 days I spent at Woodstock in the mud in 1969 and most all of them are passed on. Look at the Monteray Folk Festival movie, Joplin, Keith Moon, John Entwissle, Mama Cass, Jimi Hendrix, lead singer from Canned Heat, Brian Jones and too many more..all gone.

steve-sharksdelight
June 28, 2009 09:45PM
I was in Paris yesterday and all that has been on French TV is the death of MJ and all of the tributes to him. It is MAJOR news in Europe, much more so then here in the U.S.

This is a huge story all over the world.

Dan
July 01, 2009 08:02AM
i knew (hoped) that spiked! would have something to say about this:

"We all contributed to both sides of Michael Jackson, the A-side (the song and dance which all the song and dance is about), and the B-side (his child fixation and painful a-sociation). And in the end there is no flipside to the Jackson story, only one loop which tapes him to the society that produced him."

[www.spiked-online.com]
July 01, 2009 08:41AM
Dan Brockett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was in Paris yesterday and all that has been on
> French TV is the death of MJ and all of the
> tributes to him. It is MAJOR news in Europe, much
> more so then here in the U.S.
>
> This is a huge story all over the world.
>
> Dan

definately! of the 15 minutes news time in the evening, half of it goes to Michael!
July 03, 2009 01:07AM
no one talk about elvis and his support of the kkk, nor did they spend much time talking about prostitutes and dope in his dressing room.

didn't say anything about sinatra's mob affiliates, drugs and woman beating.

MJ was innocent by law. That means it was proven that he did not. Civilly they hit him. How ever Civilly you can sue someone for being across the street when your car gets hit.

Civil suite are 85% of the time are the substance that produces the worse sent in a bathroom.

He was 50. He performed for 45 years so he spent 97% of his life as a star. All of us have had a childhood. and Not 1 of us, i would guess has done any 1 specific thing for 45 years. If a 60 year old man lost his wits and decided to have sleep overs with 10 year olds, you would most likely blame it on mental illness.

But even knowing that he was practically NEVER EVER a kid, and i can see him wanting to be around kids to see if he can figure that part of life out.
Imagine being 4 years old and you have a dad beating your arsh because you can't composite or create martrix style special FX.

He was never found guilty. Most of the allegations were proven to be extortionist styled tactics. and i find it amazing that people are trying to paint his life as a child molester.

Michael Jackson is the largest sole performer that has ever lived hands down and without question. He can not be compared to Elvis or the Beetles. because they were never as big. there is no country that you can go to with a thriller jacket on and they do not know who it represents. The Glove alone would be sufficient.

Even today with the internet there still place that do not really know who elvis is. When MJ did Thriller there were still places that The Beetles were never heard. I didn't know who the Beetles were until i was about 23.

MJ was world wide well before the internet boom and access. His life was about being the most superior performer ever it is nearly the only thing he ever knew. He was not a child molester.

I am off my soapbox.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
July 03, 2009 01:20AM
Can some moderator or Michael Horton put an end to this stuff?

I am sure that there are Jackson fan sites where this can be posted.

Harry.

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics