general error 41

Posted by Amy Teitter 
general error 41
July 10, 2009 04:11PM
I am running Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 on a Mac Mini (intel) (yes I'm too broke to get 6) I had to reinstall my Leopard OS because I accidentally trashed my prefences. Now I can no longer open any of my Final Cut projects. It's the same version 5.1.4. Last time this happened was because it was only 5.1 so I did the update. I also have the latest version of Quicktime Pro so I know that's not it.

Anyone?
Re: general error 41
July 10, 2009 04:22PM
That looks like a Mötley Crüe? of configurations to me. Leopard, Final Cut 5.1.4, and the latest QuickTime? I'm thinking software conflict here.

www.derekmok.com
July 10, 2009 04:26PM
but that's what I had before and it was working just fine until today. Do you think I should uninstall and reinstall Final Cut?
July 10, 2009 04:58PM
Are you sure you performed ALL the updates to FCP after you reinstalled it? Double check that it truly says 5.1.4; it would require the original install disks plus Software Update. Error 41 is usually an indication of file format incompatibility, which almost always happens every time FCP changes versions even slightly.

Scott
July 10, 2009 05:05PM
yeah, You're right. For some reason it opened Final Cut 5.1 instead even though I had just done the update. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics