Viewer Multiclip strangeness

Posted by dan chapman 
Viewer Multiclip strangeness
July 12, 2009 05:32PM
I set up my 5-angle multiclip, but can't get it to switch audio properly in the Viewer. Multiclip Active Tracks is set to Video + Audio. I synched them using Aux Timecode and they all look great and sound great.

Problem: When I switch to number 2 angle the audio is in slow motion and from a different source than the clip that is playing. The audio on the other 4 angles sounds fine. It's weird.

Problem 2: I can't get my video and audio to switch independently. Shift 1-5 shifts both. 1-5 shifts both.

I can't get my job going until these bugs are worked out. Is it corrupted?

Dual 2.5 Ghz G5, 5GB SDRAM, FCP 6.0.6, QT 7.6.2, OS 10.4.11
Re: Viewer Multiclip strangeness
July 12, 2009 08:24PM
If I open up Motion, there is a speed change taking place in the Time Remap section for the angle in question. How did this happen? I only changed the AUX 1
July 12, 2009 10:16PM
Sounds like a corruption - can you rebuild the multi in a new test project?

July 13, 2009 12:26AM
I tried rebuilding it in the same project, but not a new one. I'll try it. I was planning on doing an upgrade to 6.0 tomorrow. Otherwise I'd be trashing preferences now.

July 14, 2009 01:52PM
There's a multiclip setting called Audio Follows Video somewhere in there. Has this been enabled?

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Nudge a Canvas layer by subpixel with Command-Option-Arrows !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
July 14, 2009 02:33PM
Loren Miller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's a multiclip setting called Audio Follows
> Video somewhere in there. Has this been enabled?
>
> - Loren

Yes this has been enabled the whole time. I still can't figure out why I'm getting slow motion audio on only angle #2. The video on angle2 is normal speed. All other angles play just fine and are all in sync.

When have Angle 2 frame selected and open up the Motion tab. The speed is 50.12% in the Time Remap section. Under Edit > Item Properties > Timing tab > Speed, all the tracks are 100% except angle 2 which is 50%

But if I change the number to 100% in Time Remap, it has no effect on Angle2 audio. It still plays at half speed. ???

I'm going to rebuild the multi in a new project this afternoon as suggested by Jude. Wish me luck. Thanks.
July 15, 2009 05:10AM
I created a new project and rebuilt the multi fresh. It worked!! Must have been a corruption. Makes me nervous. Never had anything like this happen before. But then again, this is the first time I've used more than three angles in the multiclip.

Thanks for the suggestion Jude.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics