Moderators Appreciation

Posted by Laurie 
Moderators Appreciation
July 16, 2009 12:45PM
After reading a recent post that Moderators felt the need to defend themselves and each other. This made me realize that you all may feel unappreciated.

Well, I believe I can speak for us all when I say WE LOVE YOU!!! Thanks for your hard work and dedication. You have pulled our rumps out of the fire more than a few times.
With that, with the power invested in me (which isn?t much) I would like to proclaim this LAFCPUG Moderators Appreciation Day!

If I lived close to you guys I would make homemade cookies from scratch for ya.
Re: Moderators Appreciation
July 16, 2009 12:51PM
Cookies? Tall House Cookies? thumbs down

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

July 16, 2009 12:56PM
Aww thanks man glad to be of help - I myself have learned from helpful people over the years and hope to continue to do so.

Passing on the knowledge is a great privilege and I think I can safely say it's what makes FCS users different from other editors, which in turn is why it is so successful as a product.

You can bring or send cookies to the next SuperMeet winking smiley

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
July 16, 2009 01:08PM
How about us Non-Moderators. Can we have cookies too winking smiley

All kidding aside, you guys are great! thumbs down
July 16, 2009 01:12PM
I've heard bringing CalDigit VRs to the meeting and giving them to moderators is a great way to spread happiness and warm and fuzzy feelings...

www.derekmok.com
July 16, 2009 01:23PM
You can keep your cookies and your free framestores; I'd settle for a freelance gig.

July 16, 2009 01:27PM
Just don't bake the VR's first.
Tall house or short house cookies or even TOLL house cookies, I will eat them then I will tell you that all hard drives will eventually fail, because it's frequently been on my list of talking points that I get from my press secretary in the last week or so. CalDigit RAIDs, Cookies, drive failure: It ain't jet packs or vacations on the moon but I'll take it.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
July 16, 2009 01:31PM
Talking of vacations on the moon, have y'all heard today is the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 launch? Those guys got to the moon and back on significantly less computing power than we have in our iPhones.

July 16, 2009 01:35PM
I've heard bringing CalDigit VRs to the meeting and giving them to moderators is a great way to spread happiness and warm and fuzzy feelings...

Good idea? Jon, you reading this? I'll send you mailing addresses.

smiling smiley

And we got the best mods in the world and thank you Laurie for reminding us all we need to appreciate them. I sure do. lafcpug could not exist without them that is for sure.

Michael Horton
-------------------
July 16, 2009 02:25PM
It was one guy that set me on the path to "giving back" in 2000. He was an incredibly busy Senior Editor at my first Ad Agency gig. I was strictly a Motion Designer then and was afraid to ask anyone for help as everyone pulled their own weight or were let go. He was 10 years younger than I was and he took me under his wing and taught me the Avid and how to cut spots AFTER HOURS. He did this while handling his own ridiculous workload.

I remember what it felt like to feel lost, frustrated and need help...and he saw that and helped me - most of the time without me asking. He made me think outside of the box. Made me feel like I was part of the TEAM...even though I was a probie (new guy). Made me feel that ONE GUY can make a difference in someone's life. I knew then...I was going to return that feeling to someone - someday.

Thanks Chad.

July 16, 2009 02:45PM
Thank you Mods!

Without this site, I would have had hypertension, heart problems, a divorce and more alcohol in my body than is necessary.

I made the switch from Avid to FCP a little more than a year ago. After 10+ years of strictly being an "Avid" guy I took the plunge and am grateful for this site.

Part of my daily routine is coming on this site to see how I can prevent problems from happening in the future.
When I do have a problem, I first search the site and most likely the answer is found without having to post my question on the board. When I do ask a question, it is usually responded quickly and with more than one moderator giving some advice.

Thanks again, guys!

Barry
July 16, 2009 03:29PM
Agreed - The internet has brought a much wider group of users together. I would shudder to think of the lack of knowledgebases if there were no groups and moderators like this.

Mahalo Plenty
July 16, 2009 03:53PM
PLEASE, please send cookies to me here on Guam. Even though they might be moldy when they get here, I'll eat em,,,,

As a retired business owner and part time editor, I'm sure I'm one of many that have read the posts from the moderators and have both laughed at (and with) and learned a great deal. Keep up the great work. Wonderfully appreciated.
July 16, 2009 04:09PM
Well, I appreciated the other mods backing me up and defending my statement, even though it was unnecessary. Some people just read things wrong on the net (VERY easy), or they are already a bit irritated and a normal statement can seem like scolding.

I give because my favorite editors were givers. They came in to show me all the tricks...they helped me when I was stuck. They were very open and very willing to share. I knew many who were like "figure it out for yourself!" and slammed the door. I didn't like those guys.

The helpful ones seemed to always be working, and the stingy ones no one seemed to get along with so they didn't get much work (as getting jobs is VERY much word of mouth).

Plus I got a lot from the forums I feel like I owe it to people to give it back.

Now where's my cookie?

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
July 16, 2009 04:20PM
During film school the editing instructors were always my favourites. Always generous, always extremely nice, and not a single one of them was a "teacher not doer" -- their notes on our work were always the most perceptive and practical.

I think something about the job seems to foster community and sharing. Probably because after having dealt with clients, agencies producers and money people, and always being second lieutenant in the creative process (deferring to director/producer, always), other people's company tends to be stress-free, by comparison!

www.derekmok.com
July 16, 2009 05:28PM
Love and kisses from Harry.

I would have been lost without not only moderators, but all the o9thers who have helped me over the last three years or so.

xxx

Harry

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
July 16, 2009 10:04PM
Maybe Chef Jeff will make cookies for all the Mods who show up at next weeks LAFCPUG meeting and maybe for the camera men and gurus as well.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
July 17, 2009 02:40AM
Thanks, Mike, for assembling the best group of experts on the Internet. The mods are very sharp, sensitive to changes in the technologies and respond to questions extremely fast. They have helped me at crucial times while editing my feature films. I had eye trouble for a long time and couldn't read the manuals and tutorials, so my questions reflected little reading and research on my part in the beginning; but I got the help that was necessary regardless. Thanks again.
July 17, 2009 07:41AM
sure on the cookies guys. Send me a private message of your address, PO Box, whatever. (sorry moderators only. too poor to send everyone some) and I will do my best to send them out. You guys deserve it. Hope you like chocolate chip. They are my specialty. winking smiley
July 17, 2009 12:57PM
...just send them ALL to C/O GRAFIXJOE, Florida, USA. I will make sure everyone gets one (1)!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out MWWAAAAHahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa.......!!!

July 17, 2009 01:14PM
Joe is plotting to get our cookies, but I think his kids will get the drop on him. smoking smiley

www.derekmok.com
July 17, 2009 07:09PM
I read this thread with some amusement (the levity) & appreciation..............
We've been pretty busy & I hadn't checked threads on CalDigit til just now.

There's no doubt that the LAFCPUG has the market cornered on fantastic FCP moderators Mikey.thumbs down

I'd rather a CalDigit VR or mini myself over a cookie, (those that know that I've lost a decent amount of weight recently), trying to avoid the sweets & NO SODA!

Things such as this are left up to CalDigit Marketing, but I'll let them know of the idea for sure.
July 17, 2009 10:20PM
Thanks, Jon grinning smiley I think I can speak for most of us when I say we love CalDigit!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics