FCP 7: Motion 4 : Color 1.5 ect :-)))

Posted by paurray 
Re: FCP 7: Motion 4 : Color 1.5 ect :-)))
July 25, 2009 11:48AM
Jeff
Avid doesn't have background rendering.

Actually, Avid does...or did have bkg rendering with Liquid which they acquired when they bought Pinnacle. It's interesting to note that two of the biggest advantages of Liquid never made it into the Symphony or Media Composer line. Background rendering and a GUI for mixing 5.1 audio.

That sound GUI actually found it's way into Soundtrack (by way of recognizing a good idea when you see one). I can see why Avid didn't adopt it in their flagship products. They own ProTools and Avid has always been a company to compartmentalize the features they offer into separate products push consumers into spending, but bkg rendering? I would have thought they would jump at the chance to implement that in Symphony at least.

I guess it's either very difficult to implement in existing code, or else they figured, "why bother" since processors and machines have gotten so much more powerful that there's little need for it. Most effects are real time, or preview in real time these days and even format mixing can be viewed without rendering.

Remember in FCP 3 when you needed the RTMac in order to get real-time dissolves? Ahh, the good ole days.

Andy
July 25, 2009 12:34PM
Apple store here in Tucson just got their shipment in of FCS... "f8 and Be There!"
July 25, 2009 03:32PM
Thanks to you all for your responses. And I actually did manage to sorta understand them. You all took a good deal of time to explain this and I'm most grateful.

Oh, and Jeff, I only used the word "still" because I have been vainly hoping for this since FCP v.1.beta in about 1999 and always had the impression that it was on the horizon, but, since you guys all mention that none of the other NLEs have this function and the complexity of it, I guess it was never meant to be.

Thanks again.

Harry.

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
October 06, 2009 07:18PM
I ALMOST upgraded all of our bays to FCP 7 and I would not recommend doing it at all! Not until they come up with something to fix a MAJOR problem with it.

We upgraded ONE bay and worked with one project on it, just to test to make sure it worked.

Turns out, it does this weird thing when you duplicate the sequence or change the sequence name, it changes all the previous versions names as well! Not to mention, everything in the sequence changes its media name to the sequence names, which would make it impossible to do an online!

We tested an online sequence going through media manager, and it had kept NONE of the clip names and changed most of the reel names.

Its completely not usable from a professional stand point.

The other stuff might be really cool, but if its messing this up, theres no reason to even try to use it at this point.
October 07, 2009 02:43AM
You should really start a new thread for a problem like this.

Meantime, I've seen FCP7 installed on 7 bays at separate facilities so far (all of them working profesionally), and have experienced none of the problems you mention. Something is obviously way wrong, so much so that a re-install is called for.

Try that first and post again with more details if it doesn't work. What machine, which OS, what type of install?

Clay
October 07, 2009 03:50AM
Yeah. Start a new thread. Lets see what we can do to see what is going on.

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics