TITLES

Posted by ERIC B 
TITLES
July 23, 2009 05:11PM
Can anyone recommend a good title program?

Livetype looks distorted when I use it.
Re: TITLES
July 23, 2009 05:16PM
Motion. Especially Motion 4.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
July 23, 2009 06:38PM
Live Type gone completely in FCS3. Motion is your choice. I guess I'm going to have to get better at using Motion now.
July 23, 2009 06:50PM
It depends entirely on what you're trying to do. You can accomplish an awful lot just by using the built-in (well, bundled) Boris titler.

July 23, 2009 07:46PM
Eric,

As Jeff said "It depends entirely on what you're trying to do."

If you need lower thirds it's best to do them in Motion as Kevin recommended as you can create your own templates for easy re-use. Also Alex4D has a real cool one which is very helpful with this.
If you got credits it's the same - use Motion 4, very cool.
If you need a very few titles with some effects use Boris or Motion as well.
If you need subtitles use a text generator which comes with FCP or better use one of those which are build for subtitles like the free one from VideoToolshed, my free TextUp, the commercial Digital Heaven DH_Subtitle or my commercial TextUp Pro.
There are also others like the free Stib's text generator or commercial ones from CHV for special titles.
Some other titles can be made with the ton's of the Motion master templates which come with the FCS installation.

Again: It depends entirely on what you're trying to do.

Andreas
July 23, 2009 08:16PM
LiveType always stunk. Motion if you don't have After Effects. It depends what you want to accomplish.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

July 23, 2009 10:33PM
HiveType!
JiveType!
StriveType!
DeadType!

Motion 4!! Great move, IMHO.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Nudge a Canvas layer by subpixel with Command-Option-Arrows !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
July 25, 2009 01:14AM
If you're using live type, go into the project preferences menu and set it up for the aspect ratio you're doing the titling in. That will do wonders. Also, be aware that the latest system upgrade to FCP has made live type act wonky. Do not use textures to fill the characters. Use only the solid colors in the glyph window of attributes. The textures will show up in live type and not translate to your FCP project and if they do...they tend to disappear right before your final render leaving only white type and no textures.

Tomorrow, I'm upgrading to the new FCS with motion 4. I've read that you will be able to adjust the individual characters and not merely the entire words as is presently the case with Motion 3.
July 26, 2009 10:17PM
I think I tried to bring in some elements from a LiveType template into Motion 3 and it didn't work. It would be nice if they killed off LT in the recent upgrade that they resolved this issue.

I tried LT for about a week and just went all with Motion, but some of the templates available to purchase for LT where really quite good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics