Problems with .aif stereo file.
August 12, 2009 03:18PM
Dear All,

thanks in advance to anyone reading this. My sound guy mastered my sound and has sent me a stereo aif file. In the viewer I see both the left and right tracks. BUT the problem I have is that when I drag the .aif into the timeline it only occupies one audio track and not two. When I play the sound off of the timeline I only get one audio level, eg only left but not both left and right.

Any ideas on how to make the stereo .aif occupy two tracks in the timeline??

Thanks to all!
Kind regards,
Robert

Working on FCP 6.0.5, Final Cut Studio 2.0, MacBookPro 15" (all silver)
Re: Problems with .aif stereo file.
August 12, 2009 03:26PM
On the left of the timeline, there are silvery buttons that act as a patch bay. Make sure that A1 and A2 are connected.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 12, 2009 04:38PM
Hi Strypes!

thank you so much for your response.

Yes the weird thing is that when I put the .aif stereo file into the viewer I do see to waveforms for left and right. BUT in the patch bay I only get an "A1" tab, and NOT A1 and A2 tabs.

Weird, huh?!

Thanks,
Robert
August 12, 2009 04:57PM
hover your pointer over the patch panel area, right click and select "reset panel"

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
August 12, 2009 04:57PM
> in the patch bay I only get an "A1" tab, and NOT A1 and A2 tabs.

You'll only get the tabs if a clip is open in the Viewer that has A1 and A2. Either that, or your A2 button is too far offscreen.

www.derekmok.com
August 12, 2009 05:40PM
Thanks guys for the help!! Andrew it worked!!!! Wow you saved me after a whole afternoon of stressing out over this. Thanks a bunch! Both a1 and a2 appeared again and I was able to put the sound on both tracks.

Cheers,
Robert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics