OT: Snow Leopard to go on sale THIS FRIDAY...

Posted by grafixjoe 
Re: OT: Snow Leopard to go on sale THIS FRIDAY...
August 31, 2009 12:06PM

So far it seems my Cal Digit Fasta 2 card is not working so it seems. It's used for back up drive though so not too big a deal

??? confused smiley ???

Backup? Not too BIG A DEAL?? If your primary goes out...you will kick yourself HARD.

Seems peeps everywhere is having issues with the Express34 port after upgrading to Snow Kitty.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 31, 2009 02:27PM
September 01, 2009 12:31AM
September 02, 2009 12:54AM
No just a back up drive like as in back up drive 3 My main drive is backed up to a firewire drive. + I have the luxury of using all the apps at Apple on many machines in store.
Anyway so far FCP 7 has been running great on Snow Leopard for me.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
September 02, 2009 02:18PM
Has anyone running Snow Leopard done an "Archive & Install" to keep network settings, etc in place? How did that work out?

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

September 02, 2009 10:47PM
The SL install is quite a bit different I don't think there is an Archive and install only a Clean install if you go into options or update and SL throws apps ect.. that are not compatable into a in-compatable folder or something to that effect.

Gone, for example, is the old Clean Install option?which moved your existing OS and system add-ons to a Previous Systems folder and installed a fresh copy of the OS, requiring a good amount of tweaking and transferring of files afterward. Instead, Snow Leopard provides a more intelligent installation process that makes such tweaking largely unnecessary. The Erase and Install option is now gone, too (at least as a discrete Installer alternative; see ?Simple steps, easy decisions,? below).

the full article from above Installing Snow Leopard what you should know
[www.macworld.com]

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics