Possible minor FCP 7 BUG?

Posted by Andy Neil 
Possible minor FCP 7 BUG?
September 08, 2009 10:46PM
I was helping someone on the forums the other day and I opened my FCP 7 to review a workflow that I don't tend to use much. Show Duplicate Frames.

In the program if the timeline is set to show them, you'll get a red (or up to 5 other colors) line in clips where there are duplicated frames. The easiest way to see them is to edit the same clip a few times into a sequence.

However, despite having turned on the feature, FCP 7 is NOT showing any indication of duplicate frames. Can anyone else reproduce this, or is it just my machine?

Andy
Re: Possible minor FCP 7 BUG?
September 08, 2009 11:08PM
That's a long-running problem going back to the first versions. It's a feature that's failed so often in my experience that I don't even consider using it.

Somebody's suggested that a lack of a reel name on a clip will cause this feature to fail, but back when I was testing this, I was always using batch-captured, timecoded clips with proper logging information.

www.derekmok.com
September 10, 2009 04:37PM
Andy, did you maybe turn it on in User Prefs,
then try it out in an already existing sequence?

there is a tiny (tiny) triangle lower left of your timeline that gives you access to that and other functions.

this has always worked for me, as far as i recall.

nick
September 10, 2009 04:53PM
No, I turned it on in that specific timeline using CMD+0. However, when I couldn't get it to work, I changed it to default in my user prefs as well.

Here's an interesting tid-bit. Even though it was checked ON in the sequence settings, when I clicked on that triangle you mentioned, it was NOT selected. Though, when I checked it on there, it still didn't show up.

It shows up fine on the FCP 6 machine at work, and on my other FCP 6 machine at home. Just not on my FCP 7.

Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics