Shuttle Pro

Posted by ERIC B 
Shuttle Pro
September 22, 2009 07:29PM
What is the most popular type of Shuttle Pro that everyone is using?

Thanks!!!
Re: Shuttle Pro
September 22, 2009 09:37PM
I used to use one of those a long time ago but lately I've been back to KB Covers and mouse...

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
September 23, 2009 03:51AM
I've had the Shuttle Pro v2 for years, and haven't used it in years. I did find it useful but the damn button covers fall off and disappear.

Was planning on using it but there's no Snow Leopard driver yet.

It can be useful.
September 23, 2009 05:11AM
After I came from a non-linear suite I had trouble adjusting to a life without a controller so I got the Pro V2. Didn't quite like it, I'm more comfortable now using the keyboard shortcuts and a Wacom (the Intuos 4, which even has a scroll wheel but it isn't as accurate as the V2). The Shuttle Pro I only use for one-on-one subtitling with a translator, so I can still do all I need to whilst he/she uses the keyboard.
September 23, 2009 11:31AM
When you reach for a device other than your keyboard (including your mouse!), you are ultimately slowing down your workflow, IMHO. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
September 23, 2009 11:33AM
I've seen editors who are absolute maestros with a tablet. That's the only interface I can say if you do well you can do much more than a mouse/kb or shuttle pro.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
September 23, 2009 11:49AM
Actually, I found the shuttle very speedy when I was using it, it's programmable.
September 25, 2009 12:31PM
I had difficulty letting go of the physical aspect of editing when I switched to Final Cut. I bought the shuttle pro2, and used it with a lot of success. Then the Mighty Mouse came out and that pretty much ended the daily usage of the shuttle pro. I moved about 18 months ago, and never bothered to unpack it.

It definitely helped me make the transition though...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics