Share to:

Posted by Chuck Spaulding 
Share to:
September 26, 2009 03:18AM
Recently I completed a project in After Effects and rendered all the clips in ProRes. I exported the project via "Share" in the file menu and created a AVCHD single layer disk that plays in a Blue-Ray player. It worked great, the client really liked it.

However, I have been trying to export an XDCAM EX 1080P30 project and I keep getting a "quicktime 0" error message. I tried putting the project into a ProRes time line but got the same result.

When I used "share" to create a Blu_ray compatible HD "DVD" it placed two files,
sequence-1-Blu-ray.ac3 and Sequence-1-Blu-ray.264 in a folder of my choosing. When it didn't work it never completed the ac3 file.

Anyone tried this? Or know how to resolve this?
Re: Share to:
September 27, 2009 11:22AM
I don't think 1080P30 is supported, can you try 24fps?

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
September 27, 2009 07:48PM
The first project that I exported via share was a 30P project. Its seems unlikely that they wouldn't support it?

But hey since Apple doesn't support Blu-ray I suppose its not out of the realm of possibility.
September 28, 2009 01:28PM
I'm pretty sure that 30P is not supported.
Apple does support Blu-ray with Share.

Kevin Monahan
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Follow Me on Twitter!
September 29, 2009 06:56PM
It does suppot Blu-Ray with Share or for clarification it definitely supports creating an AVCHD DVD that will play 1920x1080P30 in a Blu-Ray player.

I'm also pretty sure you can create a disk image of and HD file that can be burned to a Blu-Ray burner if you have one.

I'm taking FCP at its word when it keeps giving me a Quicktime error. Has anyone else been getting Quicktime errors when trying to create a file that can be used with a Blu-Ray player?
September 30, 2009 12:01PM
Where did you find the info that 1080p 30 is supported?

Kevin Monahan
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Follow Me on Twitter!
October 01, 2009 08:29PM
I did it.

I have already made an AVCHD 1080P30 disc via Share that played perfectly in a Sony Blu-ray player.

What I'm finding is that there seems to be about a 10 minute limit, anything longer and it pukes, though I don't know that for sure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics