Rendered audio clips are jumping

Posted by jwilliam 
Rendered audio clips are jumping
September 28, 2009 05:48PM
I'm working on a 48K timeline, and pulling in a bunch of MP3s that need to be rendered before playing back.

In the last couple of days, the renders have started to get funky. I'll cut my audio in, and render it out, then when I play it back, it plays back a different part of the source clip at a much different mix level.

It seems like FCP is mis-reading its render file, or playing one pre-compute (to pardon the AVID terms) when it should be playing another.

What are the best troubleshooting steps? Is there some other way of phrasing this problem that would point me toward a solution in the FAQ?

Thanks-

Jeff
Re: Rendered audio clips are jumping
September 28, 2009 06:04PM
First of all, you shouldn't be using MP3s in an FCP timeline. You'll get pops and dropouts. Convert them to 48kHz AIFFs first.

Second, the "jumbled audio" problem is actually separate from this issue. It's been there since Final Cut Pro 6. It's a render bug. The only way I've found to fix this is by dumping all current render files (either by using Render Manager or disconnecting all audio files and then re-connecting). Then set your Render Selection and Render All options to exclude all audio renders. Use only Audio Mixdown (OPTION-APPLE-R) for audio renders. That seems to prevent jumbled audio renders.

Do not recut your audio -- if you look at the waveforms, you'll see that your edits have remained in place; it's just the playback that's messed up.

www.derekmok.com
Re: Rendered audio clips are jumping
September 28, 2009 06:15PM
Thanks Derek, thought I recalled that there was a bug in the system like this.

Converting to 48K AIFF is a good idea, will do that first.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics