titles with a background

Posted by Göran Myrendal 
titles with a background
October 04, 2009 02:06PM
Hello,

What is the easiest way to do a title with a background. I want the background to be rectangular.

I tried to use videogenerators/shapes/rectangulars. But when I created a rectangular it is in the middle of the frame but i want it to be further down. How do I move it?

Thanks
Re: titles with a background
October 04, 2009 02:24PM
Use the Motion tab in the Viewer. Or the Wireframe in the Canvas with the right clip selected in the timeline.

www.derekmok.com
October 04, 2009 02:25PM
What exact generator did you use? Some have positioning functions in their controls. or you can switch the canvas to image+wireframe and move it. You really should make some effort to RTFM.
October 04, 2009 03:26PM
I used the motion tab in the viewer. I changed the position of the rectangular by change the center from 0 to 200. Then it moved further down.

But here is another problem. In the viewer i only see the text and the rectangular background. No videosignal. black frame instead of video frame. What is going on?
October 04, 2009 03:36PM
Well, the Viewer only shows the clip you have open. So that's normal. If you want to see the elements together, look in the Canvas.

www.derekmok.com
October 04, 2009 04:08PM
And there is no video image in the canvas. Only a black frame with text and the rectangular shows. I would like to have a total opacity on the black frame so the video image would be seen together with the text and the rectangular. But how?
October 04, 2009 06:29PM
Add your text generator to the layer above the video you want to overlay.

Use the 'Outline Text' generator.

'Outline Text' isn't the most accurate name: although you can use this to create text with outlines (and use images or clips as text fills and outlines), you can turn the outline off ('Line Width' = 0) and add a background of your choice.

Go to the background Settings section, set the Horizontal and Vertical Size of the background. You can set your Back Color and the opacity of the background rectangle too. If you want video (or a graphic) in the background drop your video clip into the 'Back Graphic' well. It will default to squashing your clip to fill the background dimensions you set. You can choose to crop the video to the rectangle dimensions using the Crop checkbox.

To move the text and accompanying background down the screen, use the Center control of the generator.

Alex

alex4d on twitter, facebook, .wordpress.com + .com
October 14, 2009 02:50AM
thank you all!

I have been using the Outline text generator with a good result.

But I have noticed that if I add a cross dissolv in the beginning of the title, the text do a little "jump" like a jumpcut when I do a playback of the sequens. Even after I render the sequens. Why does it "jump"?
October 14, 2009 01:45PM
are you seeing this on a cpu monitor or an external? I have seen anomalies like this on the cpu screen but not in the external. I trust my external 1st.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
October 14, 2009 01:52PM
It appears on my laptop screen. But only in fcp. When I export it and look at the exported file it is not there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics