SD memory card into i Mac 1920x1080i edit then export out 1920x1080i to blank class 4 or 6 to Sdcard

Posted by Captain Dan 
HI Michael Horton

Thanks for introducing me to LAFCPUG. I hope to find some answers to my questions. I"M SURE SOMEONE CAN.

Q. How do I export my finished product out of Final Cut to a blank SD Memory Card ( class 4 or 6) and get a HD 1920x1080i out as I imported it in from a 1920x 1080i SD Card through Via usb port.

Statement of fact: This is an old brain with a few dozen cells left, and I would love to finish my video project before the sun sets and the last cells are depleted. Can anyone help me solve my problem. (NO not my cells) All the problems during editing and post production I will solve one at a time as they come up.

Equipment used: Computer New I Mac 20" desk top. Mac OS X 10.6.1 Processor with Leopard 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Speed 2.66 GHz,

Camcorder Canon HD HG21 using both SD memory card and 120 GBHD
Re: SD memory card into i Mac 1920x1080i edit then export out 1920x1080i to blank class 4 or 6 to Sdcard
October 24, 2009 06:29PM
Why would you want to export to a memory card? What is the destination format for your master?

If it's tape, then you need a deck, possibly a capture card, and you need to convert to a format that can be output to tape.

If it's video DVD, you should be able to simply convert the exported file and burn to DVD.

If it's the web, same thing -- convert with Compressor or MPEG Streamclip into a web-friendly format and file size.

I don't see why SD memory cards should come into play. If you simply need to store the exported file, use an external drive. They're much cheaper than SD cards, pound for pound: SD cards cost about $2 per GB; external drives, more like 40 cents per GB.

www.derekmok.com
Thanks for the reply.

The reason I want to export to an SD Memory card is first, It's very portable. It can be played back

through a Western Digital compact player @ 1080i quality via a HDMI cable to HDTV. The quality

from SD Card right out of the camcorder into WD player is excellent quality.

I can take, very easy my movie and WD player to anyone's home and play a ( almost Blu-ray

quality picture ) So there in is my reason. Can you help?
OK, this sounds like a simple matter of copying your exported file to an SD card, just like you would to any other USb thumb drive or a floppy back in the day.

1) Figure out the exact specs the WD player needs for the 1080 file. Codec, bitrate, etc.

2) Make a new setting in Compressor with those specs

3) Export a SCQT from Final Cut Pro and drop into Compressor; use the setting you made for the WD player

4) Mount an SD card on your desktop -- you have a new iMac with the slot, right? If not, use a USB adapter. The card should appear on your desktop.

5) Drag your compressed 1080 file to the card. Eject it and try it on the WD device to make sure it works.

That should do it, unless I'm missing something...

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics