Strange one, new FCP/Snow: FCP or Motion won't start when network connected...

Posted by Phoenixstudios 
Strange one, new FCP/Snow: FCP or Motion won't start when network connected...
October 26, 2009 12:20PM
Namaste all, first time caller from Nepal. I have this problem with one editing bay, and the complete problem tree is here: [discussions.apple.com] BUT the long and short is this: if the network is connected, it takes over 10 minutes or more to start either FCP or Motion (other FCS apps are fine). If I disconnect the network first, FCP and Motion starts in a snap. What to do? thx!!!
Re: Strange one, new FCP/Snow: FCP or Motion won't start when network connected...
October 26, 2009 03:30PM
Are you running the same program on another computer by any chance? That's a licensing violation.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
NoahK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you running the same program on another
> computer by any chance? That's a licensing
> violation.
>
> Noah

Thx noahk, no, we have licenses for each editing bay. But I have noticed what you mean, when I put the same license on a laptop. You get an error message on the second machine with the same license running. I don't think that's the case here, as it happens when just one bay is on the lan, and using FCP. If connected when started, I get a beachball for 10+ minutes, and then all is well. If not connected, FCP simply starts right up as expected. If I bring up another editing bay, with a like software config, it works fine. The only dif really is that one is an iMac and the other an MBP, and one is used by the colorist and the other by an editor. I've tried removing the plugin dir, as that's the big difference between the two besides hardware, but no go. This one is a bit wild, as it just started happening out of the blue. Nothing in console is any different between the two machines either...as it's not really a hang, but a very very long delay. Not sure what to do now...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics