Need help down converting HD file

Posted by shelleyrae 
Need help down converting HD file
November 04, 2009 05:46PM
Hi,

I have some b-roll footage that was shot on a Xacti in Hi Def at 59fps. This footage is a MP4 HD file. The other footage in my timeline is 16 x 9 standard def. How can I down convert the MP4 HD file to a Final Cut Pro friendly file?

I have already tried a few presets in Compressor, like Apple Pro Res. Quicktime H264 and changed the frame rate to 29.97 but I still have to render it in the timeline. A 12 minute clip is taking an hour to render.

Is there another Compressor setting that would work better or should I try Mpeg Streamclip to convert it to a Final Cut friendly file?

Thanks for your help.

Shelley

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Re: Need help down converting HD file
November 04, 2009 07:19PM
Convert to ProRes.... in Compressor or even in the QT Player.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
November 04, 2009 10:27PM
I don't think Compressor is the culprit. Is your timeline ProRes? What are you editing on?

www.derekmok.com
November 05, 2009 02:01PM
<Convert to ProRes> - I did that and it still made a huge file that took a hour to render.
<Is your timeline ProRes?>
Timeline is not ProRes
The sequence setting for A camera which was shot on Cannon XL2 is NTSC DV.

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
November 05, 2009 02:12PM
> The other footage in my timeline is 16 x 9 standard def.

We need details. Standard definition doesn't usually means a whole bunch of standard definition, and usually I would assume your source tape is digital beta.

What is your deliverable? DV? DVD? Blu-Ray? HDCAM? D-Beta? Web? If web, what is your delivery specifications?

Also, ProRes means a whole bunch of supported frame sizes from SD to 2K. Whether you up convert or down convert, depends on what your source footage is and what your final output is.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics