Sata card and Snow Leopard

Posted by Francois-Michel 
Sata card and Snow Leopard
November 05, 2009 03:28PM
Hi guys,
There is probably already a post somewhere about that if so just re-direct me there if not here is my problem.

I installed Snow Leopard on a brand new drive. Than i put that drive in my MacPro in the Bay#2 so i have the choice to boot from that drive or the Leopard drive in the Bay#1. I ran some test with Snow leopard and everything worked perfeclty. I pluged my Sata Tower in my Macpro than opened Final Cut 7 and as soon as i started to do some work with files on that tower everything stoped than i got the ''chinese screen of death'' when the only thing you can do is a Hard shutdown from the front panel of your Mac...which i did.

I unplugged my tower, restarted the Mac and everything was running good than i opened final cut 7 again ( without the tower plugged ) and it was working perfectly.

I have the lates driver for my CalDigit Fasta-4 (2.0.3)but maybe i should do something more to be sure that everything is compatible.

Is it a known problem ? with Sata Card on Snow Leopard ?

Thx in advance guys.
Re: Sata card and Snow Leopard
November 05, 2009 07:26PM
Francois,

We have a new BETA Snow Leopard Driver, 2.0.4 for your Legacy FASTA-4e card, contact me on my e-mail & I'll get that to you.

11/06/09 Update, Francois is set, if anyone else needs the Snow Leopard Beta Drivers for FASTA-4e cards, FASTA-2e cards or FASTA-1ex cards, please contact me & we'll be happy to square you away. Also the latest releases of ANY CalDigit drivers can always be found on the support section of our website, here: [www.caldigit.com]
December 22, 2009 09:33PM
I see that you called it legacy FASTA-4e 4 card?
Is there a newer version.
Also are the new drivers ok to use with Snow leopard 10.6.2
Have not installed the card since using Snow leopard heard lots of bad stories online,
January 03, 2010 04:16PM
Same thing with me. Is there a place I can download the driver for my Sata Card.

I cannot get my drive to connect after installing Snow Leopard. Naturally, I asked Apple about this first and they assured me it would be fine with the drivers I had already installed.

Second Issue - Hope it's OK that I ask here:

I'm also unable to save my FCP 7 files as Final Cut files - they keep reverting to Final Cut Express - and do not give me the option to save as FCP. (My FCP 7 files appear as FCE files for some reason on my desktop as well)

Can I simply uninstall FCE and expect FCP to work again? Please advise - and thanks for the help.
January 04, 2010 12:08PM
Hi,
I was wondering if you had any links to drivers for SATA on Snow Leopard. I have reformatted my drive and the driver I had originally installed does not work.
thanks for your help.
Cody
January 04, 2010 08:12PM
Caldiget has a link to drivers on there site, but i have not tried them yet.
If you do let me know

[www.caldigit.com]

Driver v2.1.0 for Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard (32-bit & 64-bit) SnowLeopard
January 05, 2010 05:44AM
Thanks. Will do!
January 15, 2010 04:26AM
Did you ever try the drivers out?
January 15, 2010 07:29AM
Ronline,
I was off shooting and finally got around to it yesterday.
It's mounted - and working.
So, many thanks for your help.
Cody
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics