Toggle filters off question

Posted by Sprocketz 
Toggle filters off question
November 13, 2009 12:03PM
Just wondering if there is a way to toggle off all filters in a sequence.
Not remove them, just turn them off temporarily so you can see footage play
realtime that won't with filters on them.
Re: Toggle filters off question
November 13, 2009 06:43PM
you can disable/enable filters in the sequence's render control tab >> render and playback settings
November 13, 2009 07:12PM
This doesn't seem to work properly in the current version.
November 13, 2009 07:25PM
Really? I just tried it here on a couple of clips w/ filters applied and it worked right off the bat, but obviously if you're not getting the same results then it must be inconsistent behaviour ... or maybe consistent but within certain parameters Any chance you could share some details on where its not working for you Tom?
November 13, 2009 08:16PM
In the RT menu, choose Play Base Layer Only. That ignores filters and plugins.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
November 13, 2009 08:37PM
Changes made in the User Prefs > Render çontrol panel only affect new sequences, so it works if you cut and paste to a new sequence. All fx are intact, but don't display when you play the timeline.

November 13, 2009 08:48PM
apparently not Shane ...

Effects that can be played back in real time are played just as they would be in Safe RT mode.

so using that option will only disable effects if they are not real time ... real time effects will still be played.
November 13, 2009 08:54PM
It works for switching off the filters, but not for switching them back on. Switching on filters and they're still off.
November 13, 2009 08:57PM
Base Layer doesn't work for me either.
November 13, 2009 09:00PM
Nope ... its working for me Tom.
November 13, 2009 09:02PM
Play Base Layer Only is working here too.

Something up with your install ... or some specific config issue maybe.
November 13, 2009 09:10PM
What you said Andy, it doesn't switch off the filters. It only switches off non-realtime filters during playback. Realtime filters are still appear, but I guess that will meet the OP's needs. Would be nice if there was a simple way the filters could actually be toggled off.
November 13, 2009 10:06PM
Would be nice if there was a simple way the filters could actually be toggled off.

But you can Tom ... in the Sequence Settings > Render Control tab. At least that works for me without any issue with switching off then switching back on. All fine.
November 14, 2009 05:32AM
OK I'll test some more, but in the two sequences I tested with different media once you checked filters off, they stayed off. Turning the check back one did not turn the filters back on in the sequences. The filters were still applied, still checked on in the viewer, but the Gliw filter simply did not appear in the Canvas when the playhead was parked over the clip. The render indicator cane back on; the red render bar appeared but the filter was not active for me.
November 14, 2009 06:55AM
Hey Tom

Thanks for sticking with me on this. Yes, you're absolutely right that there is definitely some very quirky behaviour going on...

I just tried again in a good old fashioned DV PAL timeline and every FxScript plugin toggled on/off exactly as expected, but when I applied an FxPlug (like yourself, I tested with Glow) then all manner of strange behaviour ensued ... I'd list all the weirdness but it was way too inconsistent!

Buggy.

Andy
November 14, 2009 08:19AM
Me too, me too. I never knew what it was going to do next. Very unnatural for software.
November 16, 2009 11:45AM
there is a " toggle filter enable" command (ctrl &winking smiley

but it only works from the viewer, for Color Corrector and Color Corrector 3-Way, when in visual tab !

---------------------------------
A Day late & a Dollar-short Productions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics