Looking for a FCP Tutorial Recommendation

Posted by Eric in LA 
Looking for a FCP Tutorial Recommendation
November 24, 2009 04:21PM
As a newcomer to FCP 7, what DVD and/or download tutorial would you recommend to help me learn the basics/gain a working knowledge of the program?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Eric
Re: Looking for a FCP Tutorial Recommendation
November 24, 2009 04:37PM
There are several out there, I think Ripple's probably the best known ProApp training source.

Lynda.com has a free day-pass if you want to check out their offerings for FCP and lots of other software as well...
November 24, 2009 04:53PM
I'm not sure why these get short shrift, but in my opinion the very best Final Cut Pro "tutorial" out there is the Final Cut Pro manual itself. It's comprehensive, well-written and serves as more than just a "where's that button again" reference. It goes into a lot of basics that so many new Final Cut users seem to miss because they've availed themselves of some quick-and-dirty "tutorial" or other.

November 24, 2009 05:13PM
You can check out the Diana Weynand book. It's on the left pane in the store, and is part of the Apple certified training series. And of course, go through the manual from time to time when you're done with the book.

The manual is good, but it can be a little bit too comprehensive. New users tend to want to go bite by bite, not swallow the entire load- all 4 volumes of it.

www.strypesinpost.com
November 24, 2009 05:58PM
Just check the lafcpug store. Everything in there is good or it wouldn't be in there.

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
November 24, 2009 08:17PM
I Like the Ripple Training Stuff I got certified reading the Diane Weynand books and like the Lynda online stuff as well. There are some old free tutorials at Ripple but still are the basics of FCP.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
November 26, 2009 01:11AM
I like Ripple, and Lynda'com's 25/month subscription for run-of-the-library movies is absolutely great. I'm picking up Motion over there.

- Loren

Today's FCP keytip:
Invoke your Opacity/Audio Levels Adjust dialog with
Command-Option-L !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
November 26, 2009 01:53AM
Thanks for all the advice/suggestions. Much appreciated.
November 27, 2009 02:42PM
I would also heartly endorse Diana Weynand's book. Once done her book, Michael Wohl's advanced editing book, in the same series, is superb as well.

-Andrew
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics