off topic crane or stedycam

Posted by ankawa 
off topic crane or stedycam
December 01, 2009 11:00AM
Hello,
I know this is a off topic post. Please look from 2:11 to 2:24
what kind of equipment they used?
IS this a kind of crane that makes 360 degrees turns?
or is it a stedycam???

thanks guys
Re: off topic crane or stedycam
December 01, 2009 12:14PM
Very funny. There are steps, and the steadycam guy gotta run pretty fast to do that.

2:25 and 3:06, crane in shot.

www.strypesinpost.com
December 02, 2009 09:23AM
It does look like Steadicam but you can see that camera all the way through is on a remotely controlled crane style cam which would also kinda explain the "headroom" issue when the camera spins around the guy.

That kind of spin around people is a common steadicam move but you want to control the headroom when you do a 360 like that.

-Andrew
December 02, 2009 10:28AM
Yeah...if that's a Steadicam, it's some of the worst operating I have seen. Must be a gyro / gimbal on a crane. This operator has little control over the shot which denotes remote control over Steadicam. A good Steadicam operator wouldn't be that wild.

...my 2 cents.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

December 02, 2009 10:36AM
grafixjoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This operator has little
> control over the shot which denotes remote control
> over Steadicam. A good Steadicam operator wouldn't
> be that wild.

Unless the spiral shot was "motivated" by the sheer cheese of the performance. Method camera operation.
December 02, 2009 10:59AM
I think if it were a Steadicam, he / she would have backed off a bit when the liquids started flying. A Steadicam operator owns his / her own gear (usually) and / or is more protective of it. This shot was more reminiscent of a cable cam shot like the ones used in an NFL football game...remotely operated and not afraid to get right on top of the action. That too can be "Method Camera Operated"...only with a joystick.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics