Replace movie in DVDSP - rookie question

Posted by raf622 
Replace movie in DVDSP - rookie question
December 07, 2009 10:43AM
Thanks in advance for answering a simple question...

I'm making my 1st DVDSP4 project (MBP, FCP 6.0, DVDSP4), and went to the Apple store for help. They walked me through taking a 23GB QT movie, which I exported as a self-contained movie from FCP, and import it into DVDSP (18 chapters). They then helped link all the chapters to the video track, etc, and as the total got close to 4.7GB, the guy told me I'd probably not be able to burn it (in a single layer DVD, the only kind I have), and that it would not be a problem to go back and re-compress the program, then add it to DVDSP to replace the larger file.

I did that. I took the 23GB QT movie and used Compressor to get it to 3.5GB. MY QUESTION:
how do I bring it into DVDSP, remove the old larger file, and keep all the chapter connections?

Thanks so much for your help.
Reuven
Re: Replace movie in DVDSP - rookie question
December 07, 2009 12:45PM
Well, this is not really an FCP question, but the answer is fairly easy. Select the track in DVDSP so that you can see it in the timeline. Select the video and audio tracks and hit delete. This will delete the contents of the track, but not the track itself. Then just drag your new compressed file into the track and you're done. The chapters will all still exist as well as all the button connections.

Andy
bj
December 07, 2009 02:23PM
Check out the DSP forum on this site.Lots of answers there.
December 07, 2009 03:58PM
Dear Andy:

Thanks a lot. Worked fine, and I'll check out the DVDSP forum.

Regards,
Reuven
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics