QuickTime INFO

Posted by Kozikowski 
QuickTime INFO
December 10, 2009 07:47PM
I'm so used to pressing Command-I and reading all about a movie in QuickTime, it came as a surprise when I found a piece missing. QuickTime somehow "knows" the difference between a 16x9 show and a 4x3 show and whatever that difference is, it doesn't appear as a setting in the INFO panel.

"Well, you just look at it."

If I could do that, I wouldn't be posting. We have QuickTimes that appear 4x3 in the QuickTime Viewer, but 16x9 in other applications such as Studio Pro, and then chameleon-like 4x3 again when we play the DVD back.

Other times we present a 16x9 movie in QuickTime Player and it has precisely the same specifications as the 4x3 movie that came before it.

It's a given that we have movies that look totally wrong, too tall, too short.

I want to see that flag. I want to be able to tell when I have a 4x3 show that will appear 16x9 under certain applications.

Koz
Re: QuickTime INFO
December 10, 2009 07:55PM
Quicktime X shows you in parenthesis that the file is anamorphic - as in this pic, where it tells me the dimensions, which are 720 x 576 and then (1024 x 576) which is the flag that this is anamorphic footage.

December 11, 2009 02:38AM
<<<Quicktime X >>>

QuickTime X??

Koz
December 11, 2009 04:58AM
Quicktime 10

December 11, 2009 06:07AM
It's the same for QT 7.6.4

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
December 11, 2009 04:12PM
I need to go back and look at the clips. For some reason I'm thinkin' that didn't work out as neat and orderly as you would think.

Koz
December 12, 2009 12:21PM
Check out MediaInfo...

[mediainfo.sourceforge.net]

lets you see all the nitty gritty details of your files..

the mac version is bit rough still but just switch out of Easy View and its a lot better
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics