O.T The future of editing

Posted by Adage12 
O.T The future of editing
December 15, 2009 06:43PM
Hi everyone: Posting a link here. [makingof.com]. Any thoughts opinions are welcome.
Re: O.T The future of editing
December 16, 2009 10:01AM
But, Adage, if editing becomes this easy, they won't let me ask any questions here. They'll say, "Just grab it and put it there!"

Of course, they won't be able to say, "Read the manual!" either.LOL

Good set of articles. Thanks for posting them.
December 16, 2009 10:31AM
Yea I agree filmman don`t like it a bit and from the looks of it this system, if it ever becomes available, will be EXPENSIVE!!!!
December 16, 2009 10:53AM
A few words come to mind...Interesting...fluid....expensive. But fascinating, too.
December 16, 2009 11:28AM
I saw that demo a while back... Not that impressed to be honest although would keep us fit!

I'd prefer this sort of control:

[emotiv.com]

And it should available soon (December 21 2009 according to the website) - I wonder if anyone will be using the SDK to write a control for the ProApps...? Graeme, Jeff... winking smiley

As this technology gets faster and more fine-tuned I guess people who have no speech will also be able to communicate via a brain to speaker system like Stephen Hawkings only mind control!

Couple it with this:

Then all I need is one of these for getting to work:

And for longer journeys:

...and I'm set for the foreseeable future.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
December 16, 2009 12:08PM
yes, Ben, but can he edit with Wings on?
December 16, 2009 12:33PM
You see all that hi tech stuff they use on CSI Miami. But how much of it is really real and how many police departments can afford it if it was? Maybe the FBI... I think we're safe for now.
December 16, 2009 02:13PM
This exact thread has already been started by our fearless leader a few months ago in the Mods Forum using the exact same "John Underkoffler TAMPER's with the future of Editing".

Think about "Minority Report" (this guy was the consultant on that film). I can't wait for it. It's like Final Cut Pro meets Wii Fit. I will be in AWESOME SHAPE!!!!

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

December 16, 2009 02:27PM

yes, Ben, but can he edit with Wings on?

He can't - but I could winking smiley

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
December 16, 2009 04:56PM
Oh, Sorry did not mean to offend the fearless leader. Had no idea there was another post/topic.

cheers
December 16, 2009 08:00PM
The future of editing?? That's a Media Lab wet dream.

I think video VJ's will LOVE it. Storytellers can safely ignore it, for now.

Looks like tons more work than I ever did on upright Moviola's or flatbed Steenbecks.

Hm... at my weight, maybe that would be a good thing :-(

- Loren

Today's FCP keytip:
Set a motion effect keyframe instantly with Control-K!

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
December 16, 2009 08:54PM
Yeah I can see the media parties of the future segregated by the "sit downs" and the "stand ups"

I'll be the vegetable in the corner with the exoskeletal flying wing imagining my Call of Duty Modern Warfare 6 Avatar pwning some wetback noob in the back end of nowhere and giggling to myself...

December 17, 2009 12:51AM
some wetback noob in the back end of nowhere

Hey! I resemble that remark ...
December 17, 2009 02:06PM
Cool but inching would be bothersome it seems. I like the auto rotoscope it that was what it was. Thats slightly unbelievable.

If it were fully developed and available for less than 10k it would make the colorist, storytellers and graphic designers stand out more. If its that easy to cut then some of the skill required for the mechanics of editing would be negated and you would have to make it on storytelling, graphics and color.

Not to say thats not what we do now but the editor might be less accented in the process.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: O.T. The future of editing
December 18, 2009 04:37PM
Ive seen demo's of tech like this before and while i think its neat, its hard to see this in practical applications. I know X-box and other cable box systems are using gestures for some neat applications but editing is all about the details and fine tuning. iMovie glosses over those details but my sequences never look as clean as an iMovie layout. It's complicated and has depth and tweaks all over. Grabbing random characters from different movies and moving to a different side of a table in order to move them just doesnt seem practical. Cool but thats about it...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics