can't open FCP files

Posted by davko 
can't open FCP files
December 22, 2009 12:31PM
The message "File's format is too new for this version of the application" suddenly appears every time I try to open a project. I've quit and shut down, but to no avail. I've added a few plug-ins recently; otherwise, no changes have been made to the program.
Re: can't open FCP files
December 22, 2009 01:00PM
Have you tried launching other project files?

www.strypesinpost.com
December 22, 2009 01:20PM
None of my projects will open.
December 22, 2009 01:53PM
Isn't this a known bug in a certain version of FCP? Give us your program specs and recent update history.

Scott
December 22, 2009 02:13PM
6.0.2 and earlier, if memory serves me correctly. But that had more to do with sharing projects.

www.strypesinpost.com
December 22, 2009 02:40PM
There was this thread last summer about this problem, but curiously enough it was started by davko himself, and he said he solved it. And so?
December 22, 2009 02:47PM
And just did again... but this time requiring a different solution. Seems when I reloaded the application program FCP 6.0, I had forgot to load the upgrades -- which all my projects had had the benefit of being edited on. Program has now been brought back up to latest version, and all's well. Thanks, and sorry for the false alarm.
December 22, 2009 03:27PM
No problem, glad we could help you help yourself. The dot releases of FCP almost all modify format at least slightly, resulting in lack of backwards compatibility, so exact version matching is required.

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics