Red One workshops for DIT and Editors

Posted by rpearlster 
Red One workshops for DIT and Editors
January 12, 2010 03:32PM
Hi,

I just got hired on as DIT/Editor for a feature in March using the Red camera. Does anyone have any good resources on line or personal experience with the on-set and post shoot workflow with this camera?

Any good workshops in LA? Red has one that is 4 times a year and very expensive for me.

Thanks!
Rachel
Re: Red One workshops for DIT and Editors
January 12, 2010 03:40PM
[reduser.net]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
January 12, 2010 06:36PM
Or you could get my book- not exactly online but a wealth of info:

[www.peachpit.com]

-Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
January 12, 2010 07:17PM
I'd get Noah's book although I cant remember if you have a section on DIT. Do you Noah?

His book is in the lafcpug store and you can get it from Amazon within 2 days.

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
January 12, 2010 10:03PM
I'm just finishing my second RED feature as assistant editor now. I more or less learned from the RED FCS whitepaper. Install the software, hunt down some RAW RED footage on the internets, and experiment with transcoding, etc. Develop a workflow--there are a lot of options. That will get you started.

Also, you'll want to go to "RED Day" on February 13 if you can.

[reduser.net]

- Justin Barham -
January 12, 2010 10:13PM
thanks!

I also have a feeling Noah's book is in my future.

Any thoughts on where to get some Red Raw footage? Just starting my internet hunt here smiling smiley.

Rachel
January 12, 2010 10:28PM
There was a site that just had a bunch of R3D footage for download (redrelay.net,) but it went down. I had to hunt around the reduser.net forum for a while and finally got some random RED clips, but I can't remember where from now.

- Justin Barham -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics