1920x1080i to DVD Need assistance

Posted by jenvery 
1920x1080i to DVD Need assistance
January 23, 2010 09:13PM
HI! Ive inserted a screen shot of my sequence settings: trying to get this sequence to display properly as 16x9 on a DVD. I tried from quicktime and burned in idvd. It was way too wide on the dvd on a widescreen tv, 55" Sony, cutting off sides, and a little smushed looking as well as fuzzy. I realize the dvd is sd and the tv is high def. I'm now trying to export the sequence through compressor with the DVD Best Quality 90 minutes encode and then will open in DVDSP. Earler when I opened my QT export in DVDSP it was not displaying wide more smooshed in sideways. So people look too long. I tried different preferences to no avail. Any advice? Should I change the sequence settings first? Or go through compressor? its 34 minutes long. Or should I just export a reference movie and put it in DVDSP? I have FCP Studio the last version. Just bought upgrade through lafcpug but havent received it yet. Thank you! Jen

Picture of Sequence settings
Re: 1920x1080i to DVD Need assistance
January 23, 2010 11:09PM
DVD best quality in Compressor should work.
January 23, 2010 11:52PM
I've done a couple of 1920x DVDs by simply exporting the 1920x1080 sequence to QuickTime mov - same settings - then importing the mov file into iDVD, which has 16:9 format. They look great on my 46 HD screen.

Alberto
January 24, 2010 01:32AM
thank you! The dvd best quality in compressor and then into DVDSP worked great. also under view >pixels> I changed into rectangular. I tried that last time too but didnt work but this time it worked. It played well on the screen. Not HD obviously but looked good. Must upgrade to BluRay!

What blu ray burners to people out there like and use regularly? Is it working well with the new FCP Studio? I am so glad they added the share option, which should be easier for sharing quickly on the internet etc.

Thank you! Jennifer
January 24, 2010 12:50PM
I use the OWC burner and create BR discs right out of FCP. Looks awesome.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics