Weird: Hiding FCP makes it inaccessible again

Posted by eyeseesound 
Weird: Hiding FCP makes it inaccessible again
February 05, 2010 06:08PM
Hi. From earlier today, if I hide FCP then I can't get it back. Clicking on the icon on my dock won't bring it back up and won't even let me quit it.

Using the Apple+TAB option won't open it up when i land on the FCP icon.

All I can do is Force Quit it and restart it.

Weird. And why? Anyone had this experience. I haven't done anything different today from the last 6 years!

Using FCP 7 and a 2 x 2.26 Quad-Core running 10.5.8 OS X

This is bloody frustrating and just plain weird.

Ta
Re: Weird: Hiding FCP makes it inaccessible again
February 05, 2010 06:22PM
Ok,

just trashed my preferences and it's fine now, though I hate having to go back and redo everything I did setting it up the way I like it.

But any ideas why this might have happened, or is it just one of those bit of binary randomness that 'just happens'?
February 05, 2010 06:29PM
Sometimes this used to happen whenever a DV or similar device was connected. Just happens randomly. But if you can repeat it on command- send in a bug report.

[www.apple.com]

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
February 05, 2010 06:37PM
I hope it doesn't repeat itself, but if it does will let you all know.

Painfully putting all my Prefs back... and yes, making a copy of them this time.
February 05, 2010 07:45PM
To ease the pain of putting your prefs back, get hold of the briliant Preference Manager...
[www.digitalrebellion.com]
February 06, 2010 07:25AM
Cheers Mike, will do.
February 07, 2010 03:14PM
Trashing preferences is something you only have to do occasionally - in my opinion, the truly brilliant thing about Preference Manager is it's ability to assign capture scratch disks on a project basis. For some inexplicable reason, FCP sets these at the programme level, rather than for each individual project. I have a number of external media drives - each one for a different project - and I never have them all running all the time. Without Preference Manager, FCP will throw a minor fit on startup if it can't find the right disk - and this can be a real pain when switching between projects.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics