Protools users group

Posted by lang atwater 
Protools users group
February 06, 2010 07:09PM
Is there a users group as comprehensive and dedicated as this for ProTools? Please let me know where to find. Thanks.
Re: Protools users group
February 06, 2010 07:22PM
Please use Google...

[tinyurl.com]

www.derekmok.com
February 06, 2010 07:36PM
In typical mod tone. winking smiley

www.strypesinpost.com
February 06, 2010 07:41PM
derek, How would you propose
i state the query to google?
February 06, 2010 08:10PM
Did you try the link I posted?

(Oddly enough, I think it got modified by somebody with tongue in cheek. I could've sworn all I posted was the exact Google search query.)

Type in "Pro Tools user group" in Google. I'm pretty sure officially the name is "Pro Tools" (not "ProTools"winking smiley, which could've been why you didn't find any.

As for which one is "most comprehensive", you kind of have to see for yourself. For example, I prefer LAFCPUG to Creative Cow, because Creative Cow is actually broader and my research tends to be a bit more narrow. But Creative Cow is, obviously, a valuable resource for a lot of people. Just gotta look for yourself.

www.derekmok.com
February 06, 2010 09:48PM
www.digidesign.com has great links to PT user groups.
February 06, 2010 10:13PM
This is my favorite 'mod tone' link for Google. Use with caution though, it's incredibly snarky:

[lmgtfy.com]

-Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
DM
February 07, 2010 11:53AM
I guess your not happy with the user forum at Digidesign?
PT admin types sort of monitor the posts and I've had some success there. There are many system categories to log on to if your using an HD or LE system.

[www.digidesign.com]
February 07, 2010 07:19PM
The DUC as they call it really isn't very useful for solving problems. You will look and see many questions go completely unanswered. Of all the post production forums I watch, the DUC is the worst. It's Digi's in-house forum and they really keep a lot of tech help under the paid support offerings.

Here on LAFCPUG, you almost always get an answer to a problem. Even if no one knows the answer, a mod or mods will discuss it and speculate a bit, perhaps leading to an answer.

But on the DUC, if the Digi staff decide they don't know an answer or don't want to offer one, they just don't respond at all. Which happens a lot.
And you can waste days waiting to see if perhaps someone might respond.

Honestly, Avid's forum is better.

To complicate the matter, most of the people who hang there are musician's who don't know
enough about the technical stuff to have answers to those kinds of problems.

Perhaps as qeditor mentioned, there are some links to better PT forums on the DUC.
February 07, 2010 08:28PM
Yeah that sounds lazy in terms of official forum support- but then again what else is there besides ProTools for serious post sound?

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics