Thin black line on QT export

Posted by shelleyrae 
Thin black line on QT export
March 02, 2010 05:13PM
Hi everyone,

I'm getting a thin black vertical line on the right hand side of the video frame on all my QT exports.
I'm exporting straight out of Final Cut as an uncompressed self contained QT file. When it plays back in the QT player I see this thin black line vertical line on the right side of the frame. It's not visible in my canvas window and the image complete exceeds action safe. It seems this started after upgrading to Snow Leopard. Any ideas why this is happening or how to correct?

Thanks.

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Re: Thin black line on QT export
March 02, 2010 05:28PM
This was a bug in an older version of QT. What version you using? You might have to uninstall and re-install and see if that helps

[support.apple.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 03, 2010 09:17AM
I'm using the one that came with the Snow Leopard Install Disc 7.6.3. If there is a bug in the version that's on the Snow Leopard install disc then where do I get a clean updated version of QT 7? I'm in the middle of several project and don't want to mess anything up. Please tell me what the process is for uninstalling and reinstalling.

Thanks for you help.

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
March 03, 2010 09:23AM
Sorry, Mike I do now see that the link you provided gives instructions on uninstalling QT. So now my only question is where do I get the clean latest version of QT 7? And please clarify that we are talking about QT 7 not the QT 10 player -- the other QT that came with Snow Leopard?

Thanks

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
March 03, 2010 10:57AM
[support.apple.com]

this is latest version. I'm guessing this is the version you had that is giving you these problems? But try a re-install and see what happens

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 08, 2010 07:39AM
I went to the support link for uninstalling Quicktime 7 and it was instructions uninstalling QT7 in Windows Vista. I cannot find how to uninstall Quicktime 7 for Mac anywhere.

Also, the link with the download for the latest version of QT 7 has an option to upgrade to Quicktime 7 Pro for $29.99. I thought that Final Cut included Quicktime Pro? So now I'm really confused on how to fix the vertical line glitch.

Do I just reinstall the latest Quicktime 7 over the old Quicktime 7 and pay $29.99 to upgrade to QT 7 Pro? And if I do this will it affect my Flip for Mac Pro program or will I have to uninstall/reinstall that too?

I'm reluctant to do anything until I'm sure I have this straight because I fear there will be a negative domino effect if it's not done exactly right.

Thanks for helping me sort this out.

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics